IGNORED

Forwarded to the North

siteunseen

It's cold here in the Toronto area, but the wind was blowing strongly from the south-east when I went out for my evening walk an hour ago.  That's rare. It may just mean it's swinging over to an Easterly.  And around here, a wind from the east means, 'look out'.  I just tapped my old-school analogue barometer and the needle dropped.

I'm just east of Snowmageddon. We're still probably going to get double digits, but the Poconos are expected to get almost two feet.

As the forecasts gelled, I took the opportunity to get myself mentally prepared for the end of Z driving season. My last drive was Sunday afternoon. It rained on Monday, and they salted the roads on Tuesday in preparation for this storm on Weds. So I took the opportunity to go out and drive around for a couple hours since it was the last drive. At least this year, I got enough warning to prepare and go for that drive.

The snow blower is now unreachable in the shed out back because I spent the time driving instead of getting it out and ready.  Haha!!

The snow will eventually melt.     :facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I was going to reach out and see if you were going to get the final drive in before the SHTF. I’m flying in this mess....total mess. Took off with 1/4 mile visibility in snow and fog this AM. Finally got out west tonight so I’m missing the rest of the big show.
Your in lockdown so who needs a snow blower. Wait until the snow turns to ice and then head out to remove it. You’ll get you workout in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well on the flip side maybe this will keep people from being out and about spreading the virus for a few days. We never cancel for weather....never. The passenger carriers will be we don’t. People want their stuff on time! We just have to suck it up and face the weather demon. Took this pic yesterday before the storm came. Was a beautiful night. Enjoy the snow.

e750c7ae26872d514acabffdc0ec789f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Well, he definitely put that 280 through its paces on that outing,   Did you see that tach bounce off the stops during the u-turn.   That’s driving like you stole it.  I hope yours wasn’t like an a scene from Driving Miss Daisy, 

Was this more like it Bruce?  

• Like 1