IGNORED

280Z Barn Find

northernz

That's a $400,000 car.

I watched the video up to the first ad.  Too bad it got the undercoating treatment.

Edit - wait, I just watched more video.  They used the car as an advertisement for cleaning products.  It's a $5,000 car now.  Shame.  Seriously, I bet they knocked $30,000 off of that car's potential price, if the goal was to sell it.

Edited by Zed Head

6 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Here's the guy that found it.

Oops.  Just kidding...

I really don't know if being part of an AMMO cleaning products video is good for the resale.  The high end collectors want a nice story behind the car.  Don't know much about AMMO.  Maybe they're the stuff.  Good luck to him.

https://www.ammonyc.com/

Edited by Zed Head

This is my car. partnering with Ammo was a chance to get the paint restored and at the same time, showcase my car.

The real story of this amazing car is about it's finding and the preservation we have taken to bring it back to life after 44 years in a garage. 

We took the car to ZCON in September and won: "First place Stock 280Z", "Nissan Factory Favorite Most Original" and "2nd place Peoples choice S30".

If you are interested, here is a web site I'm working on to tell the story of this car.  www.350mile280z.com

• Like 3

Good luck and be careful with it.  Read the recent thread about the 31K 240Z, that's what my joke about value was about.  If you want top dollar, you have to do what the collectors want, not what you think they should want.  They're a finicky bunch.  Everything that you do to it becomes part of its provenance.  Keep every scrap of paper that came with the car, even the brown wrapping paper.  Every part imprint on a piece of paper is like the Shroud of Turin.

• Like 2

I'm very familiar with that car. I was watching it. I couldn't understand why that car had such a high bid in the first place. It didn't look like a well presented car to me. A great car to have, sure, but not a "Grand Survivor".  I've seen cars just as nice sell for less then $60K

I am taking great pains to keep my car as original as possible. Cleaning mainly consists of simple green and a microfiber cloth. We did have to clean the gas tank and re-core the radiator. We replaced the master cylinder and rebuild the brake calipers. Removed and cleaned the fuel injectors. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, brunodoggy said:

I'm very familiar with that car. I was watching it. I couldn't understand why that car had such a high bid in the first place. It didn't look like a well presented car to me. A great car to have, sure, but not a "Grand Survivor".  I've seen cars just as nice sell for less then $60K

I am taking great pains to keep my car as original as possible. Cleaning mainly consists of simple green and a microfiber cloth. We did have to clean the gas tank and re-core the radiator. We replaced the master cylinder and rebuild the brake calipers. Removed and cleaned the fuel injectors. 

Congratulations on an awesome score.

So in the video, all that work was done to clean the car, and reassemble everything the original owner had removed, and then everyone pushed it outside for pictures.

Why didn't we get to see it run? Don't be holding out on us now.

Edited by Racer X
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Racer X said:

Congratulations on an awesome score.

So in the video, all that work was done to clean the car, and reassemble everything the original owner had removed, and then everyone pushed it outside for pictures.

Why didn't we get to see it run? Don't be holding out on us now.

Getting the car cleaned was step one. We didn't really touch the car until that was complete. Once that was done, the real preservation begin. The paint was cleaned July 27 and we drove it into a trailer on September 13 to take to ZCON. It was a very tight schedule. You can see the preservation details and a video of the first engine start on our web site www.350mile280z.com