IGNORED

Pointy Antenna on Ebay "NOS"

7m-gtte

Looks like a nice antenna. Say it is NOS. Not sure what i would pay for a NOS one. Buy it now for $2500.  Better "deal" than the guy asking $4000 buy it now for a refurbished one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-240Z-POWER-ANTENNA-ASSEMBLY-WITH-BULLET-TIP/274540883377?hash=item3febe96db1:g:fIQAAOSwQjdfjfbE

Edited by 7m-gtte
  • Sad 1

In all his other listings for NOS parts, it always has the Nissan package or bag or box the item came in. Not so for this auction and I say show me the Nissan box it came in. The tip on his antenna doesn't look quite right to me. 

I've made better.  @Zup

LOL, or maybe my skepticism meter is just tuned a little too sensitive after that 31K mile 240Z on BAT. Haha!

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

In all his other listings for NOS parts, it always has the Nissan package or bag or box the item came in. Not so for this auction and I say show me the Nissan box it came in. The tip on his antenna doesn't look quite right to me. 

I've made better.  @Zup

LOL, or maybe my skepticism meter is just tuned a little too sensitive after that 31K mile 240Z on BAT. Haha!

Yea, looks kind of iffy to me.  Here is the one I made for myself.😂

24B995F1-821B-45BD-93C5-349F4ABF1257.jpeg

4 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I've made better.  @Zup

This photo doesn't begin to do the craftsmanship justice. Beautiful and crisply executed in a manly manner. (if you get the point)

My personal favorite is the one in brass. I'll be installing it on Zilver soon so it will always be with me on the car.

A cherished possession crafted by my skilled Captain!

20201021_010756.jpg

I know Jim Frederick of Z Mecca fame------we've been friends for a long time.

His offerings are genuine and real--no worries there.

Pricey??     Yes, but when was the last time you saw a NOS one. A lot this Z stuff has gotten out of range of most of us.

I agree with the Captain---if it came with the box and original packaging (if any) it might be worth it. His garage has ~20 pristine 240Z cars. He doesn't need the money, so I'm surprised he is selling.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Keep your meter right where it is calibrated Captain!

That stuff has to be called out to keep us straight with the truth and you would be a pilot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zup said:

My personal favorite is the one in brass. I'll be installing it on Zilver soon so it will always be with me on the car. A cherished possession crafted by my skilled Captain!

I know Jim Frederick of Z Mecca fame------we've been friends for a long time.  His offerings are genuine and real--no worries there.

Thanks Zup!! I appreciate the kind words.

And I trust your judgment about the genuine nature of the antenna and the guy offering it!