IGNORED

Intake water bypass question

Cooper260z

Your's is a lot different than my '72. Here's what I see that I would plug.

Blue circle. There should be one on the front intake as well closer to the radiator.

image.png

This is the Y pipe I believe for your car. It should connect to that hard line you circled behind the head above.

image.png

Then the thermostat housing. I can't find a picture of mine right off but I did find this.

image.png

image.png

20 minutes ago, Cooper260z said:

Since the water line into the balance tube is egr related and just about none of the other egr stuff is going to be working, I should be fine to block off that water I presume?

It's hot air off the exhaust, not water in the EGR. If you followed that down you'd see where it connects to the exhaust.

My orange line here...

image.png

Awesome! Thanks for the help! I’ll get some of those pipe plugs pretty soon and get on that!

And I will change the old heater hoses soon too. The car is not being driven yet so I have some time before those are a necessity, but they’re next on the list for sure. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

It's a bundle of snakes under the stock 73/74 hoods.

And I’m trying to desnake it a bit!

I was about to go to the hardware store to get the plugs that were previously mentioned but then my dad said “or we could just weld it.” And that sounded cheaper and fun so I did that. And if I somehow messed it up, I have two others. 
seems solid, now I’m working on the other things that come off and need to be plugged 

7EB178CF-F591-4C1A-9E6E-5F86C937903D.jpeg

5294FCDB-BAAA-4319-BE3D-5644131CF4BD.jpeg

33AF5FB0-A707-4C5F-9BC8-BA59DC5699D5.jpeg

959D5DB8-EAE4-4291-81DE-CF0EB9286811.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

@Trnelson I don’t have any pictures or specs to help you out too much, but I found a threaded plug that was already at my house that fit. But there is still an open port on one of the manifolds because I ran out of plugs, but I’m pretty sure that the water passage is separate from the air passage so leaving the ports open doesn’t effect how the car runs