7tooZ

KUDOs to Ztherapy

I agree with that. Probably the last "good guys" out of state business I'll ever use. I called with a question some years ago and they gave me Mr. Bruce Palmer's personal cell phone number. He answered on the 3rd ring, answered my question/problem and over-nighted new valves at his expense.

A+ Better Business Bureau. :love:

Couldn’t agree more! Ztherapy is how all businesses should be run! Bruce and Steve are the best.  

• Like 1

I ordered a set of carburetor parts from Bruce today.  Great, friendly service.

Business must be good since the current turnaround time for rebuilds is March of 2021.

6946B2E5-65A2-4066-94A9-B5E177E35A63.jpegFound some time to work on the rebuild carb install.  Awesome working on clean well adjust parts. They send along a nice set of instructions that I actually read and learned something new: before making any adjustments to balance the carbs disconnect the throttle linkage at the center of the balance tube. Then when done work backwards from there to the gas pedal. if it needs to be adjusted it will be obvious. 
Note line 3: they set float level from the top of the float to the bottom of the cap to .55 in.  
B8BADACB-ECCD-47E9-ADE8-F081B5462F23.jpeg

The rest are a nice reminder of order to balance carbs.

23BE1C4F-8402-49BB-BBD6-207DF81704BD.jpegCB4A40D0-E9FE-42F8-995A-ED6C4E3416E9.jpeg0F07AEAD-6881-4254-B442-8D1A4E2C199B.jpeg

last here is a pix of 20 year old technology. gross jets.6CF40876-6359-4D59-A6CE-09C75D0FB06F.jpeg

Still working after 20 years. Had easy time setting up. 
Balanced at idle (choke and throttle linkage discounted)

balanced at 2000

adjusted the valves

reset timing to 9 degrees BTDC. Max advance to 36 degrees

rechecked balances

added 1/2 turn to both mixture screws to improve smooth idle 

rechecked balances

shorten throttle pedal linkage  ( checked for WOT )

Best $300 of 2020 money I have spent lately . Hope this help someone who is undecided. 

Edited by 7tooZ
Added content
  • Like 1