IGNORED

Rear Brake Cylinder Question

Vorticity

Start as far away from master cylinder and work to shortest on bleeding. 

I use the method described in my 1963 service manual: put a rubber hose on the bleed screw into a bottle with a little brake fluid.  Open bleed screw, pump the brakes a few times till the fluid has no bubbles in it. Leave pedal all the way to the floor, tighten bleed screw.  Repeat 3 more cylinders. Keep master full, if you run it out, start all over.

• Like 1

These cheapo one man bleeders work remarkably well for me. My $.03

413lx1iagOL.jpg.3fab16a84d168bde26c0080573ec9576.jpg

That’s good to hear.

I had a pump action one that created a vacuum and while it got 90% there, it really was never as good as a second person’s right foot on the middle pedal. It also broke after a couple of years.

4e0b27ca8774ebbbbd91547d3bcd5ac7.jpg&key=d70cd8fa8e6c6ca365886c1eea5b3e0c3a0bba9243469fe57284e420ea8efc35

Ok, finally got the brakes bled.  I ended up getting speed bleeders.  Took it for a spin and had great brakes.  Wonderful.  It was a cool day, so I turned on the heat.  It worked.  SO excited, until got home and popped the hood to check things over and saw steam coming out.  One of the heater hoses has sprung a leak on the engine side of the firewall.  It sprays all over the battery.  Looks like another project.  

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 3:55 PM, AK260 said:

One day, when I’m state side, I really must buy you a beer!! emoji1787.png

Looking forward to it (or them). Would be nice to take yon on an excursion with site!

Vorticity, Glad you got the brakes sorted out, and sorry for the diversions. Glad you caught the heater hose before it went wide open. I split one of mine a couple years ago and didn't notice until the gauge was pegged. By the time I got home, there wasn't enough coolant left to leak.

• Like 2