IGNORED

240z 3d Model

79 datsun28ozx

I am in the process of developing a game right now, and i want to use the S-chassis as the main vehicle, the problem is i need either very precise and detailed measurements to make a 3d model, or i need a CAD model, would anyone know where i could get such things, for free that is, i would spend money on this, but as this is purely a passion project im not ready to spend 100 bucks on a model that is not accurate. If anyone is wondering i plan to fill the game with tons of different parts,(engine swaps and individual pieces, suspension parts, body parts, some interior bits.) When finished i will post the download link on this thread for anyone that wishes to try it out. Game is not currently licensed so things will be named differently to avoid any legal problems.

I've done a little bit of 3D scanning using the front-facing IR camera on my iPhone: https://platform.standardcyborg.com/sharescan/igyMyZc7

I have access to an Intel RealSense camera at work that I could bring home and capture some more higher quality point clouds if that would help you. You would have to do the legwork of turning the point clouds into a mesh though.  It's not going to produce a drop-in 3D model, but might provide a good dimensional reference when you make the actual models in Blender or whatever.  If you can come up with a good plan, I'm happy to spend an afternoon doing the scans at some point.

Well basically you start out the game with the shell of a 240z, that you inherited from your uncle or grandfather or something (not sure yet) and your goal is to re-build it before the end of summer races, you start out with very little money and so you have to do jobs to make the money, then you can buy parts for the car, I want there to be dozens of choices of engine, engine parts, suspension parts, body kits, interior, and so on. The thing is you could spend money on the oem parts which are going to be cheaper and do races to gain more money, or you can do more jobs and spend money on the more expensive parts that will make the car perform better. I plan on it to be an open world, first person game. You get parts by ordering them online and you have to wait a day in-game for them to arrive. I plan on releasing the first beta to this thread in a few months. If anyone has any suggestions I am open to them, but because it is just me and a few friends working on this I can not guarantee they will be implemented. The first few betas will be free to those on this forum for feedback reasons. If you have any other questions DM me or you can email me at zackintigh@gmail.com, i will be posting status updates on here every once and a while.