IGNORED

Arghhhh Harada Intake Manifold

Well I am installing one for a friend on my recommendation but what a piece of $^!#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does not fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've installed several Cannon, TWM, and even a Lynx but this is the first fitment problem.  It looks great and performs well mechanically but come on!!!  The Cannon that it replaced works fine.

It will not fit properly against the header flange AND the stand-off for the rod hits the thermostat housing fittings.

P O S !!!!!!

I've used, fitted and supplied umpteen Harada Shokai inlet manifolds over a couple of decades or more, and never had any major problems with them.

Any inlet manifold/exhaust manifold interface has usually been the fault of the exhaust manifold flanges being way bigger than they need to be and/or too thick/thin,  and any inlet manifold/thermostat housing interface has been due to either incorrect user assembly of the linkage (getting the return spring clamp round the wrong way/not even understanding how it works) or a slight amount of clearancing being necessary due to the wide variation in thermostat housing shapes/castings.

The linkage parts - especially the linkage arms - are not as good as they used to be (I preferred the old cast items), but I don't see any alternative.

In my experience they are very far from being the "POS" that you claim this one to be. So my money's on the Harada, not you. 

Thanks Alan!

I'll install w/o the thermostat housing then grind off the unused hose fitting on the side of the housing that interferes and weld shut to prevent leaks.

I have ~ 6 spare thermostat housing but none w/o side fittings.  The later 260 and 280z have even more bits on the side.

Here is an internet picture of a similar protruding fitting:

240Z Thermostat Housing kit | DATSUN SPIRIT, INC.

Well I just checked my install as I do not recall any interference problems.  I ended up plugging that hole with an allen wrench style fitting and it just clears the manifold by about a millimeter or so.  Here a few pictures to illustrate.

DSC_0188.JPG

DSC_0189.JPG

DSC_0190.JPG

DSC_0191.JPG