IGNORED

Clutch fork throw

rcv

31 minutes ago, mayolives said:

During the past months I have replaced the clutch assembly in a 74 240z, 78 280z, and a 79 280zx.  I ordered and received all three clutch kits from Zcardepot and all three worked just fine!  

Wouldn’t the 74 be a 260Z?

On 2/28/2021 at 10:09 AM, Sailor Bob said:

I seem to have exactly the same issue

Just to be sure, you showed the picture of the clutch fork hitting the back of the hole in the bellhousing.  Is that the problem?  The 5 pages is about how the problem couldn't be solved by the normal methods, and it could only be solved by lengthening the pivot stud.  But that is very unusual.

You might just need the tall throwout bearing sleeve.  That is the most common solution.  Normal.

• Like 1

You probably want  - 2122 here.  I think that it's the tallest.  https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/21-2122

Put "collar" in the search box to see more.

https://www.thezstore.com/store/merchant.mvc?

@Terrapin Z might have one and could measure it for you too, probably.  You should get more measurements though.  Distance from the bottom of the pressure plate/clutch cover to the surface that the throwout bearing sits on.  Then you can do the math to see which collar/sleeve you need.

13 hours ago, Zed Head said:

@Terrapin Z might have one and could measure it for you too, probably.  You should get more measurements though.  Distance from the bottom of the pressure plate/clutch cover to the surface that the throwout bearing sits on.  Then you can do the math to see which collar/sleeve you need.

I do have a number of these in various sizes, all used of course. 

I have the same chart as RCV posted ^^ and this one as well. 

Let me know if you need more measurements.

Throw out collar.jpg

Thanks. Im thinking type b4. I have to take it apart again to measure. Might be the weekend befor i get back to it.

i actually have a complete five speed from a zx in my shed. Im thinking there may be a fork/to bearing in it. Havent been in it in months so the snow is  blocking the door... canada

CA9B96D8-765F-433A-BFFF-1D0EE0010835.jpeg

Edited by Sailor Bob
  • Haha 2