IGNORED

240z wiper arm ID

kenward1000

5/71 240z.  The wiper arm marked "761 TRICO LD100-L" has failed, where the plastic connects to the blade, and must be replaced.  The other wiper arm is marked "621 TRICO LA87R".  Should I be looking for a "621 TRICO LA87L"?

The wiper arms on my 72 240 are marked "408 TRICO 55-R" and "409 TRICO 55-L".

Didn't find posts on this topic, after doing a search.

Thanks

8 hours ago, kenward1000 said:

5/71 240z.  The wiper arm marked "761 TRICO LD100-L" has failed, where the plastic connects to the blade, and must be replaced.  The other wiper arm is marked "621 TRICO LA87R".  Should I be looking for a "621 TRICO LA87L"?

The wiper arms on my 72 240 are marked "408 TRICO 55-R" and "409 TRICO 55-L".

Didn't find posts on this topic, after doing a search.

Thanks

I have a set of Trico arms from a parts car - the pot metal spindle mounts are not perfect in appearance but can be cleaned up. Everything good otherwise. They are marked: M622 LD87L and Y408 55R. PM me if you have an interest.

Thanks,

Jim

Edited by jfa.series1

1 hour ago, jfa.series1 said:

I don't think he is referring to the blades but rather the unique left and right arms. Not sure about the mention of plastic - none on the arms anywhere on my car with the OE arms.

Yes, the unique left and right arm ID's, thanks.

The wiper arms were not installed when I got the car, they were tossed in the back.  When I decided to put them on, I looked them over and they appeared to be identical.  After reading this post, I decided to check the numbers and sure enough, I had them reversed.  However, I decided to leave them this way because I installed 16 inch blades instead of 18 because my wiper motor is so weak.  Having the slightly longer arm on the driver side gives a bit better vertical sweep with the shorter blade.  When parked they look correct to me.  But, now I know the difference!

33 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

It might just be that the two wiper spindles on the linkage just need to be taken apart, cleaned and greased.

They were totally seized and wouldn't move at all when I got the car.  I took the motor and all the linkage out to find that problem.  I soaked the spindles in ATF for weeks, and they finally moved.  I worked them back and forth till they worked smoothly.  I put a drop of oil on them now and then so they won't get stuck again.  So, I think it's just a weak motor, high speed is barely faster than low.

• Like 1