IGNORED

Info needed for Series 1 240Z

RetSarge

6 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

@RetSarge - Back to your original post about a restoration. Your costs can vary widely depending on your approach. Returning the car to as it rolled out of the factory, i.e. stock, wil be very costly. Many of the Nissan OE parts are NLA and when found they are often "a king's ransom" in price. Another option is a very mild resto-mod where reproduction and aftermarket parts are used for the NLA parts but the ones selected are not readily visible or retain the original appearance  of stock. I can send you my build sheet from 10 years ago via PM to give you some idea of the breadth of parts involved in a resto.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the information.  Although my Z is a 70, it doesn’t seem it is any more rare than others, at least no one has made any comments to that affect.  Given this, it seems most financially appropriate to use reproduction and aftermarket parts. 

I would appreciate any information you have from your rebuild.  I am new to this site so I’m not sure how the PM works.  If nothing else, you could email them to me at:  jtn5020@cox.net .

Thanks,

Jeff

17 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

It originally had 240Z emblems on the wings.  Probably white Zs with a build date that late and that high of a serial number.  No vents, of course, as the hatch is vented.  The emblems would have been metal.

IMG_5916-2.jpg

What is considered and early build date and low serial number?

2 hours ago, RetSarge said:

What is considered and early build date and low serial number?

Some of that is semantics. I would consider anything under 5000 an early car. As the number of those out there are dwindling. Some would consider under 500 an early car. I tend to refer to those as "very" early cars. They have lots of anomalies and are all 1969 cars I believe

My apologies for the confusion.  I was writing in reference to the emblem.  The 1969 builds and probably less than the first 500 HLS30s had emblems with chromed Zs and solid metal castings.  By April of 1970 and a serial number in the upper 2000s, I would suspect the emblem was the hollow casting white painted Z which prevailed until the cabin vent was relocated and the emblem was changed.  Your car, RetSarge, would be considered an "early car", indeed.

ChromeZ.jpg

ChromeZsolid.jpg

• Like 2