IGNORED

New guy

Stang

On 1/29/2020 at 11:31 PM, dutchzcarguy said:

Today i'm busy with the front bumper indentations in the front fenders.. I can't see those in your pic's,  are there indentations behind the end flaps of the front bumper (on the sides, the ends of the bumper) ??

see the right-under corner of the fender..

Maybe you can make a (close up) picture of your front left bumper side for me, it would be very nice!

I think this is what your are referring to @dutchzcarguy? There is a large hole that takes a plastic plug which in turn holds the fender extension. There is an indentation like the one in your pic from above^ 

Pardon the rust, but it is a parts car. '82

IMG_2778.JPG

IMG_2780.JPG

IMG_2779.JPG

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Stang said:

Mine doesn’t have a hole there.

12 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

a large hole that takes a plastic plug

THANKS GUYS !!!!!!     This time the right pictures, thank you very much!  I didn't know that there was a plug in the big hole!  It's not completely round i see now.. could be that the EU model does not have the plug, iv'e had 3 280zx's but never seen those plugs..  (i think i put in a normal rubber plug like in the floor..) My bodyshop guy will be very glad with those pic's, thank you!

I would like to thank everyone for the very nice comments. I am new to the Z world and looking forward to what’s ahead. I can’t wait till spring so I can drive my car. I have never drove a z car yet. I am looking forward to see how my car will be excepted in the show circuit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

THANKS GUYS !!!!!!     This time the right pictures, thank you very much!  I didn't know that there was a plug in the big hole!  It's not completely round i see now.. could be that the EU model does not have the plug, iv'e had 3 280zx's but never seen those plugs..  (i think i put in a normal rubber plug like in the floor..) My bodyshop guy will be very glad with those pic's, thank you!

There are two flat sides where the plug goes into the fender vertically, to orientate the plug so the clip flat parts are horizontal. The clips hold a tab on the fender extension. There are supposed to be two parallel tabs on these. One is broken off on this one. Look at your bumper piece and see if there is a tab there. I expect if your cars had the holes they should have the plugs. (Clip from EU parts parts manual) Both parts are discontinued.

280zx.jpg

49 minutes ago, Stang said:

I would like to thank everyone for the very nice comments. I am new to the Z world and looking forward to what’s ahead. I can’t wait till spring so I can drive my car. I have never drove a z car yet. I am looking forward to see how my car will be excepted in the show circuit.

A friend of mine takes his all stock ZX to some local shows. Not strictly Z car shows, you know Fords Chevys, dodges Etc. and his car gets a lot off attention and awards.

I am sure you will enjoy driving it and do well at the show. Z's always turn some heads. "I had one of those years ago" is a familiar phrase I hear.

Best.....TZ