Rockets from Iran hitting US bases in Iraq now

I love a good pun, a punney puny pun. Say that 3 times real quick!

1032333252_Screenshot_20200109-123449_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b6e87624ea33dbabf132e5126084cf31.jpg

I did and ended up in Kansas!!

• Like 2
    • Haha 1

Just to be controversial, having dealt with Canadians a lot on business trips and having a half Canadian wife, I bloody love the place, it’s culture and the people! I have yet to meet a Canadian I dislike! Even the cabinet is made up of people who know their stuff and are progressive thinkers. By contrast our cabinet in the UK is made up of some seriously Dickensian characters.

If a hard Brexit does happen, it’s the one place in the world I would be moving to. Probably Toronto - go Blue Jays!!!

• Like 1

You had me until you said Toronto...
    the real Canada is out west....!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AK260 said:

I have yet to meet a Canadian I dislike!

Let me introduce you to a fewLOL

8 hours ago, wheee! said:

You had me until you said Toronto...
    the real Canada is out west....!

52 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

LOL..... I'm sorry he said Toronto.

For the rest of our readers one of the national pastimes here is to hate on Toronto even though most Canadians have never been here, but I'm not really defending the place, I'll take it any day over Tehran.

• Like 4

Well I like all of Canada it’s an utterly beautiful place with some of the loveliest people on the planet!

My challenge is if I move that way I need to be near NY and GMT.

Oh and I may have to bring an RHD 260z onto the continent - too much blood tears and sweat invested to part company!

• Like 2

I know an Aussie in the process of moving him and his huge Datto collection to Onterrible soon. Moving to Canada is such a commonwealth thing to do.... ask Harry and Meaghan!

• Like 2
    • Haha 2

For the rest of our readers one of the national pastimes here is to hate on Toronto even though most Canadians have never been here, but I'm not really defending the place, I'll take it any day over Tehran.

Well I haven’t been to Tehran, but I’ve been to Afghanistan, Panjwaii in Kandahar province. I have to say I preferred that over Toronto and yes I’ve been there many times! Bullets flying in both locations....

Having said that, people live there for reasons other than choice. Love both coasts and have spent time in every province except Manitoba, PEI and Newfoundland but have nothing bad to say about any of those places.
    All in all, Canada is the best place on earth to live and raise a family in a democratic nation of privilege. The downstairs neighbours give us a bit of fright now and then but I think they will grow out of it.
    • Like 3

7 hours ago, AK260 said:

Oh and I may have to bring an RHD 260z onto the continent - too much blood tears and sweat invested to part company!

@kats brought his Z over to NA:)

I see a lot of Europeans (mostly Germans and Swiss) who bring their cool campers here and travel throughout the continent. Usually unimogs but I saw a very cool Toyota this Summer!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

@kats brought his Z over to NA:)

I see a lot of Europeans (mostly Germans and Swiss) who bring their cool campers here and travel throughout the continent. Usually unimogs but I saw a very cool Toyota this Summer!

I wonder what Megan and Harry will bring?

Dennis

• Like 1
    • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, psdenno said:

I wonder what Megan and Harry will bring?

Dennis

A Bentley!

Maybe they’ll bring the electric E Type Jag!

Oh do behave, Rolls Royce any day! The Bentley would be considered too vulgar! :p

• Haha 1

Brilliant!!

That is pure Essex!!!

For those not familiar with the concept of Essex etiquette, this is an abridged crash course ...

(I am told the Canadian equivalent is Windsor CA? Although Windsor UK is truly lovely!)

And continuing the cultural educational exchange programme: Chav is a derogatory UK word which approximate to the North American “white trash”.

Some believe it stands for Council House And Vulgar, but the most likely origin is a category a highest Cheltenham collage came up with to label the undesirables in the most subtle English ways by calling them CHeltenham AVerage!

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 1:51 PM, grannyknot said:

Let me introduce you to a fewLOL

Yeah, that is the problem with jerks. They seem to be sprinkled all over the place. Given enough time and you will find them.

Screenshot_20200112-084247.jpg

• Like 2
    • Haha 1