IGNORED

240Z Hazard switch differences

zKars

Ein mann mit wenig worten? (a man with few words?)  

Is that a 240z US wiring loom dash? If the flasher switch has about 8-9 wires it is.. 

I think someone had a broken switch in the us car and got himself a new one and then discovered that there was a much different switch needed but installed the switch anyway just to fill the hole in the dash!

I don't think they have switched the complete loom for a euro one.

Yeah.. i got a 2/71 and same switch, only i got it flattened by my right knee 😠 (as i have endless legs... 😉 ) Now it does not function any longer.. something is wrong inside so, i put a drop of speed glue on it that no one can switch it on or do something with it as it is the 8-9 wire switch type and i got no reserve for it and .. yes i could try to repair it but.it's right down.. very far down the list of things to do! 🙈

And Florian, Is that wiring-loom from a 240z euro or US? You placed nice pictures but no explanations..

Also you could look on a fiche of the 240z/s30 what a 24024-E8200 is? I GOT those fiches plenty but no reader anymore.. 😠

HA! I realize only now that my text to the pictures has not been sent at all. So of course it all makes no sense. 

Many thanks for the hint.

So again:
The part number indicates an RHD loom. Excitingly, this number can also only be found in a Japanese book. My documents of the US and EU models do not have this number.

This is also very much in line with a forum post I found on the subject: https://zclub.net/community/index.php?threads/what-relay-plugs-in-here.26694/page-3

"24013-N3305 - ASSY - HARNESS INSTRUMENT 07-72 thru 07-73 (HS30). Looks like a stock RHD Export instrument panel harness.

24024-E8200 is a little more obscure. I don't see it in either the R-Drive Export or L-Drive Export factory parts lists, and the 'E82' prefix indicates something first used/developed for the Japanese domestic RHD S30 models for 1971-on production. More specifically, it is in the Japanese market factory parts list as HARNESS - ACCELERATOR - HEAT GLASS & COOLER (superseding 24024-E4100 and 24024-E4101) and - looking at what section it is listed in - it may originally have been designed for the 'Standard' (no frills) model in Japan from '71 up, allowing a factory aircon ('cooler') unit to be installed as an extra cost option. It may then have been fitted to some RHD Export cars in connection with the heated rear window, with the extra connector for the cooler sitting like 'tits on a bull' or an 'appendix/nascent monkey tail' (take yer pick). I can see this on the Japanese market wiring schematics."

Maybe that's why the switch doesn't really belong in a US car?!
I love things like this!

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-15 um 09.25.35.png

image.png

27 minutes ago, florian said:

The part number indicates an RHD loom

I think it came here to europe as a technician at Datsun/nissan center ordered the wrong loom and it stayed in Germany or so for a long long time..  These days, if the loom is in great chape it could be a very expensive loom! (You should investigate more in direction of Japanese JDM carpart guys..)

• Haha 1