IGNORED

240z Pre-Wired Driving Lights?

Mike

Sorry, I went offline for a while.

I have the part numbers on one of the original Japanese Factory Parts Catalogues, and they sometimes have good illustrations in them. I have a particular interest in the Japanese home-market cars, and especially the Sports Option and Competition parts and their dedicated lists.

I could try to scan a picture of the Fog Lamps and their brackets if it would be any help?

Alan T.

I posted the originals of both of those shots on the forums, when we were discussing switches and Fog Lamps.

What do you mean about the license plate? You want the original plate or the original photo?

Alan T.

Mike:

The Fog Lamp Wiring that you are looking for is in the harness.

In the Front Wiring Harness, between the two Headlight Connectors, you should find a pair of bullet connectors, one on each side between the Horn Wires and the Headlight Wires.

They will be a Red and Black Wire Pair. These are the ones that go to your Fog Lamps, the Black being Ground. If you have the single wire Fog Lamps that can be found now, then connect the black wire to ground, as that is what it is.

Inside the Dash Wiring, you will find a Red and Red / Green pair of wires going to a 2 wire "T" connector (i.e. the spade lugs inside form a "T"). That is where you hook up your switch. The switch only CLOSES that circuit, i.e. you could connect the two wires and the lights would turn on.

Power is fed to the Fog Lamps from the Tail Lamp / Side Marker Light circuit that runs through the Combination Light Switch. i.e. you must have the light switch turned on for the Fog Lamps to light.

I wired my fog lamps through this circuit and they seem to work fine.

Enrique

• 9 years later...