IGNORED

240z Pre-Wired Driving Lights?

Mike

I need to get this straight... Are the 240z's pre-wired for driving lights? I was taking apart my dash and noticed a couple of unused wire connections that were taped to the harness. They are very close to the two dash indentations to the right of the steering wheel.

Anyone know what these are for? I also seem to remember seeing a few unused connectors near the front of the car as well.

Mike,

I have the same situation including a switch that looks like the hazard switch in the second indent. It is connected to the spares?-perhaps. I remember my car with driving lights years before I bought it, but they are gone now. I was asking in the dash restoration forum, but the subject was getting away from the forum. Lights were an option from the options catalog not published in the US at the time my car was purchased (I believe). I am interested in putting the lights on my car, and I have been asking around for them. I would also be interesting in an options catalog from 1970. What I want to know is how the lights mounted.

I can't remember where the exact thread was, but we covered all this pretty comprehensively under a thread to do with "Fog Lamps".

Somebody asked about Factory Option Fog Lamps ( and switches ) and I think we went into quite a bit of detail.

I think a search using "Fog Lamps" might reveal a bit more relevant info than "Driving Lamps". I think the Factory referred to them as Fog Lamps - but simply switching the actual lamp type from Fog to Spot type would enable the use of the original Factory wiring and switch location.

Good luck,

Alan T.

Originally posted by HS30-H

I can't remember where the exact thread was, but we covered all this pretty comprehensively under a thread to do with "Fog Lamps".

Ah.. I do remember a thread a long time ago about this. I did a search and couldn't come up with the thread. I'll search using your suggestions to see if I can find something. Thanks Alan.

Okay, did a search and came up with these:

Switch Conversation

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4522

Small Wiring Conversation

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4292

Light Styling Conversation

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6395

Didn't find anything else about the actual wiring itself. Guess I'll have to connect my engine compartment harness to my dash harness and use a VOM to trace the wiring.

Mike,

I did something this afternoon I rarely do and beg your forgiveness - I checked the wiring diagram! The 1971 Nissan Chassis Workshop Manual shows the fog light wires. Sure enough, the wiring diagram from the site's downloads shows the red wire. I was confused some time ago when I bought a used console on E-bay and got two switches with it - rear hatch defroster and "parking lights". My 70 console just has blanks in the spot. I think the 71 diagram shows the connection there. Going back through your forum achives revealed just what I was looking for, confirming the switch type I have in my dash 25370-E4100 and the later switch on the console 25370-E8700 I bought. Great photo of the lamps in "Switch Coversation". Can anyone tell me the part number of the lamps? You should find some extra red wires in the harness up near the horns.

Originally posted by 26th-Z

Can anyone tell me the part number of the lamps?

*26150-E4100 ASSY-LAMP FOG RH

*26155-E4100 ASSY-LAMP FOG LH

*26158-E4100 BRACKET-FOG LAMP LH

*26153-E4100 BRACKET-FOG LAMP RH

Good luck finding them though ( even used ) as they are apparently rare as hen's teeth and rocking-horse doo doo.

Alan T.