IGNORED

What engine do I have?

Michael.Reitsma

There's a guy not far from me with 3 500 plus HP 240Zs.  Two have LS1s the other an RB, supercharged, twin turbocharged, reinforced frames and suspension, plus Wilwood big brakes  He regrets doing it now that the prices have gone astronomical for stock 240s.  I can't remember his username right off but he is active, or was, on hybridz.  He owns a tool supply distribution franchise and used those as his advertising.  Here's some reading on high power Zs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=500+hp+240z&rlz=1C1BOFA_enUS494US494&oq=500+hp+240z&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.6491j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

12 hours ago, Michael.Reitsma said:

I'm honestly lookin at getting around the 500 mark to the ground. Overkill? Yes absolutely I'm sure, but it's also going to be a face of a tune shop.

That is really a waste of time. But each to his own...

The chassis was never meant to handle that kind of horsepower and you will have a hard time getting it to hook up. If you do get traction you will be looking at the sky as the front end twists all up. The car has to be re-engineered from the ground up for that kind of power. These cars are becoming too valuable to be practically used for a project that will return pennies on the dollar. If I were looking for a tune shop that would not be a badge of accomplishment in my eyes. A nice looking, good running, clean install of 250-300HP would be much more appealing. Which is still not a really easy thing to accomplish because of the tuning

On 10/24/2019 at 6:17 PM, Michael.Reitsma said:

the rain here as an insane amount of dust and calcium in it.

Bone dust?  Who's crushing bones?

You really should consider just buying a used engine if you just want to get it driving.  There is a lot to learn before extracting power from the little L28.  And a lot to do to the car to make it drivable without breaking things.  You can drive it while you plan your master build.   Otherwise it will probably sit, maybe for years, while you figure out how to make and use all of that power.  Nothing wrong with that though, it happens.

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

Bone dust?  Who's crushing bones?

You really should consider just buying a used engine if you just want to get it driving.  There is a lot to learn before extracting power from the little L28.  And a lot to do to the car to make it drivable without breaking things.  You can drive it while you plan your master build.   Otherwise it will probably sit, maybe for years, while you figure out how to make and use all of that power.  Nothing wrong with that though, it happens.

Haha yes calcium the water here is "hard" water. I'm currently looking at master rebuilds for the motor and it's a little costly but I'm going to have the block and head checked before I start buying parts and I can find out if I can even rebuild that motor.