IGNORED

Lost my brakes.

caltanian

Hello all. Looking for some ideas here. 

After a unfortunate winter incident, my z has sat for almost a year. Started and ran a number of times to keep the engine and such happy, but as I get into it today, my once very firm brakes are totally gone. Push the pedal and there is almost no braking. Before it sat it was a amazing feeling pedal and worked flawlessly.

Any ideas as to what happened and where I should start? 

Cheers and many thanks. 

Caltanian. 

Pedal is gone as in goes right to the floor, no assist, no real brake function.  Doesn't even really feel like the master is connected anymore. 

I plan to bleed them out tomorrow, but am definitely worried as to why they are gone as they are. 

Edited by caltanian

1 minute ago, siteunseen said:

Yes, you should have a puddle of fluid somewhere. Find that. Look around the inside of the tires/wheels too. When my rear wheel cylinder went out there was fluid all over the backside of that tire.

The puddle of fluid could be inside the brake booster or soaking the firewall insulation.

• Like 1