IGNORED

Rare and super rare Z - parts pricing! JUST ASK your question here!

In this topic you can put parts with (real or unreal) high prices people ask these days for Datsun z (and zx?) parts..

Reason is i got a set of 240Z AND 260Z doors…  The 240z door set is in still Original black metallic without rust!  and the 260z set is with new doorscins (one is on the door already, the other comes with a good  door.)  (Not complete doors only the metal part, no glass or handles and..and…)

One time i askt 600 euro for a door.. i got questions like: are they made out of gold?  To tell you the truth, here in europe a door is no where to find… i'm not selling but what i ask myself is: what's the price in the U.S of A  on a very good door (one with no rust or dings in it!!) ?

Another one…  A early as new rear window glass with naturally vertical heaterwiring in good condition!  What do you think or "have seen price" .

Edited by dutchzcarguy

“Decent doors”... are the issue. Finding anything worth buying is difficult. Another member on here paid hundreds of dollars just for the door skins... new metal that need to be welded on. Might be the way to go these days.
Here’s a few pics of my luck with doors.
1c8f21006a1e92544dfb752170fb7641.jpg
3722e82b65ceded7bd3e259d5e568420.jpg
6fc206852ca29eb439e9cff35b4ba70e.jpg

Hi , in Japan this shop is selling some of S30 body parts , they are made in Taiwan ? 

https://www.restore-parts.com/category/item/fairladyz/

I have heard  the  skin thickness  is 1 mm , and the quality is not meet for the serious buyers . But the shop is trying to make it better , they are now having a contact with some well known restoration shop in Japan to learn what they need to do .

236000 JPY ( 2000 USD ) for a set of doors .

I guess why they set the price like that is , normally we see the NOS doors on Yahoo auction or privately selling are asking it’s price like that , or little higher than that of price . 

The rear vertical defroster glass also will be the same price range , but I just don’t know what is the right price because we don’t see the NOS or mint vertical defroster glass in Japan for more than 15 years. Maybe the last NOS one in Japan is the one which I have got for 50000 JPY (450 USD ) in 2003 . However I have got another one from the well known restoration shop in the US this year ,I think  the  price was right for the current market would seem to ask for the die hard enthusiast .

Kats

EC768E6A-5759-4017-84F4-EF983182B37F.png

7E562D59-8E64-4814-A6F9-B2C658050F32.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wheee! said:

Here’s a few pics of my luck with doors.

Wow... some bondo there!!   I ones restored a door where i hit the underside door with a hammer.. a piece of bondo broke of about 2 by3 inches big!!  came from a California-car!  

10 hours ago, kats said:

I have heard  the  skin thickness  is 1 mm

Hi ..  Ive got a Original new 240z/260z doorskin, years ago bought it from a ex-Datsun/nissan dealer. It's possible it has the 260z partnumber on it.. but it has a orig nissan partnumber on it.  If i had a micrometer i could tell how thick this orig. one is.. :-(

Another question, does someone have the colorcode for this type of (260z) wheels?  It's a blue-ish dark grey i see on my originals.. (the pic shows a restored wheel by a Nissandealer where i saw this one.)

IMG-20161124-WA0003 (1).jpg

Thank you so much , unfortunately I don’t know about the color code for your hub cap , it is beautiful blue .

You have the vertical defroster glasses at your shop ! What a wonderful place it is .

By the way , if you are interested in a rear deck glass story behind , please visit 

Kats

50F40CFA-3C77-4F73-B818-EE2EC88862FC.jpeg

Edited by kats

4 hours ago, kats said:

I don’t know about the color code for your hub cap , it is beautiful blue .

No no.. the rimcolor!  Where this one on the pic (from a car from a ex-Nissan dealer)  is black.. i've got some Original wheels with first Original paint on them and it looks like a dark grey, a bit blue-ish .. THAT's were i want the paincode of.. but it is going to be difficult i think..   I ask these things because i want to start later... next year or so(?)  with a restoration on my 240z early 1971. (and yes i know those are 260z wheels but i think they look good under my 240z.)

Those hubcaps i have also. i believe they came in a few colors, i've got these blue ones also. and a few without the blue, they are chrome were the blue normally sits around the Z..

• 1 year later...

Hi folks,
so when I bought my '70 240Z I had the opportunity to buy some steel wheels and hubcaps. Even though they weren't MY correct (wheels are stamped 72 and slightly used and the hubcaps are "Z" hubcaps not D hubcaps) I jumped on it and bought them.
The hubcaps are NOS in their bags. The question now is, how rare is a set of NOS ones? It's kind of tempting to mount them on the car, even though I would'nt really drive them as I prefer my Works, Wats,...
So are NOS caps valuable? To valuable to fit them and regret later?
spacer.png