IGNORED

Incredibly Clean & Original 1973 240Z on BaT

lonetreesteve

I don't know the secret code to get a comment out of moderation there, either. On the other hand, I only tried once and figured that the moderators don't try or don't care about allowing posts outside of a select group. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motorman7 said:

You know I had to chime in here.  Still amazes me that people are promoting the technically inferior SUs over the Flat tops, which are stock for this vehicle.   I think most do not realize the advances that were incorporated into the flat tops that are not on the SUs.  The flat tops feature 1) factory aligned needle and seats 2) a visible glass float bowl level 3) Anti-stall fuel rich mechanism 4)  multi-point adjustable fuel mixture screws 5) fuel pump accelerator.  I would bet that most who are promoting the SU’s are unfamiliar with these features and have no clue what I am talking about.  Personally, this car is about as good as it gets…I even love those hubcaps!  OK, no more carb comments from me…I will go back into hiding.

I tried to post this comment on the auction site, but looks like they will not allow it....perhaps it is too inflammatory.  

Maybe I should try to sanitize it and then re-submit.

1 hour ago, SteveJ said:

I don't know the secret code to get a comment out of moderation there, either. On the other hand, I only tried once and figured that the moderators don't try or don't care about allowing posts outside of a select group. 

I assume that both of you guys both are registered members on BaT?  I know that I have seen motorman7's comments before. Some comments will be flagged by members as "not constructive" and then the moderators at BaT will review and decide if the comment is indeed "not constructive". However, the comments usually have to be pretty harsh or inappropriate to be removed.  

Edited by lonetreesteve
misspelling

20 minutes ago, lonetreesteve said:

I assume that you of guys both are registered members on BaT?  I know that I have seen motorman7's comments before. Some comments will be flagged by members as "not constructive" and then the moderators at BaT will review and decide if the comment is indeed "not constructive". However, the comments usually have to be pretty harsh or inappropriate to be removed.  

They took my sanitized version....glad they did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motorman7 said:

You know I had to chime in here.  Still amazes me that people are promoting the technically inferior SUs over the Flat tops, which are stock for this vehicle.   I think most do not realize the advances that were incorporated into the flat tops that are not on the SUs.  The flat tops feature 1) factory aligned needle and seats 2) a visible glass float bowl level 3) Anti-stall fuel rich mechanism 4)  multi-point adjustable fuel mixture screws 5) fuel pump accelerator.  I would bet that most who are promoting the SU’s are unfamiliar with these features and have no clue what I am talking about.  Personally, this car is about as good as it gets…I even love those hubcaps!  OK, no more carb comments from me…I will go back into hiding.

I tried to post this comment on the auction site, but looks like they will not allow it....perhaps it is too inflammatory.  

Maybe I should try to sanitize it and then re-submit.

There's some bored SOBs in this world.  Changing the wheels out in the comments? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had a bad experience with flat tops as a teenager.  I couldn't get them to run right so I took the car in for repair (about 1978-79).  I had the carbs overhauled and the guy still couldn't get the car working right after 3 returns.  It could easily be my ignorance but I would be scared to death to have them so I remain open minded about the flat tops.  But... those hubcaps have got to go.  :)

6 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

I assume that both of you guys both are registered members on BaT?  I know that I have seen motorman7's comments before. Some comments will be flagged by members as "not constructive" and then the moderators at BaT will review and decide if the comment is indeed "not constructive". However, the comments usually have to be pretty harsh or inappropriate to be removed.  

I registered and commented. The comment was trapped in moderation and never saw the light of day. It was not critical, the slightest bit obscene, or anything that would go against community standards. I thought it was odd that it never left moderation, but I didn't try to pursue why they left it in purgatory.

9 hours ago, motorman7 said:

I think most do not realize the advances that were incorporated into the flat tops that are not on the SUs. 

It was our discussions in Atlanta, wasn't it?     :beer:

Don't forget about the built in return springs.
Or the heavy calibrated weighted suction pistons.
Or the heating water that goes all the way around the nozzle to aid in fuel atomization.
Or the real choke function.
Or that they came with an automatic thermostatically controlled air cleaner.

OK. Back to the boat with thee.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

It was our discussions in Atlanta, wasn't it?     :beer:

Don't forget about the built in return springs.
Or the heavy calibrated weighted suction pistons.
Or the heating water that goes all the way around the nozzle to aid in fuel atomization.
Or the real choke function.
Or that they came with an automatic thermostatically controlled air cleaner.

OK. Back to the boat with thee.

That's why I'm about to turn my SUs into throttle bodies. LOL