IGNORED

New to the forum, 240Z with most dealer options

Hey guys, good afternoon.

I recently got my hands on a 1972 240z and decided to join the forum so I can learn more about her and Z cars in general. She's an automatic and completely matching numbers. 

The car itself runs beautifully and drives great. I don't regret the purchase one bit. Its white with a red interior and is almost entirely rust free save for some minor surface rust in the battery area and a few other places. The original interior is in great condition. The dash is not cracked and all the gauges work. 

The car itself came with a lot of dealer options installed. It has the AC, Dual Racing Mirrors, Front and Rear Guard Rails, Shade Kit on the rear glass, Arm Rest/Glove Box, Parcel Bar, AM/FM radio and the 240z side stripe kit. Interestingly, it also came with a full set and spare of original Radial Snow Tires that were sold by Datsun dealerships. It also has the original floor mats. I think its only missing the luggage rack and air foil. 

Also, I don't know if this was a dealer option, but it also came with a pristine Beltek 8-track player in the glove compartment as well as two Beltek speakers installed in the trunk. 

I'm only the second owner, so I hope to learn a lot more about her. Thanks.

Datsun1.pngDatsun2.pngDatsun3.jpgDatsun4.jpgDatsun5.jpg

• Like 4

First business: a sincere welcome to the group!  You'll find us a helpful and appreciative bunch.

Second business: what a stunning, original car - the white over red is amaZing!  It looks like the original dealer worked very hard to load up the car, or perhaps the original buyer had a love affair with the parts department.  Your third picture qualifies for entry in our ongoing discussion around the OE color of the steering wheel.

Looking forward to seeing more posts from you.

12 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

So what are your plans for the car?  Modify, bone stock?  Second owner, I hope you gathered as much paperwork as you could from the original owner,  there are probably only a handful Z's left that still have the stripe kit from the dealership!

Also, welcome

Honestly, I have no idea. I'm thinking of just rebuilding the L24 to get some more juice and turning it into a nice cruising car. I do have an L28 crank I can get my hands on, as well as a diesal crank. 

The thing is, I don't know the rarity of cars in this condition. If its uncommon, I will stay away from any permanent mods or anything crazy. Possibly go with an L28?

Any recommendations?