IGNORED

HLS30-00640 Up for Auction on eBay

4 minutes ago, lonetreesteve said:

Sounds like you spoke with him as well because that's what he told me! 

lol, I did not call him, just something I see on FB all the time, when the prices are ridiculous.

Kind of like "it ran when I parked it there"

• Like 1

His title is probably rusty too. lol

122 feedback with only 5 being as a seller, 2 cars ( a Jag for $510 and an RX7 for $3700) 2 trailers and one unknown. all more than a year old. 6 pages of feedback as a buyer, again all over a year old.

Classiccarconnection00 makes him sound like a car dealer or something.  ???

1 minute ago, Patcon said:

Could be, I think he over estimates the value of "what he's got..."

Yes, that is exactly what he's doing!  Because when you look at what this car is with its original matching-number engine is long gone, and even though the low VIN is great, it's one of the most rusted 240Zs that I have ever seen that anyone has tried to sell as a restoration project. It would be a completely different story if the car's build date was a month earlier.  I think were all in agreement here, it's a parts car and nothing more.

If the rear hatch glass is worth $1.8k to $2k and IF the car has an early hood, it's worth $600.00 or $700.00? The Series I steering wheel at $300.00 at best, the Series I console was replaced with a beaten up '72-73 console, the early seat belts are probably loaded with rust and not sure if this car would even have had the pricey plastic inspection lid pieces or not? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lonetreesteve said:

Yes, that is exactly what he's doing!  Because when you look at what this car is with its original matching-number engine is long gone, and even though the low VIN is great, it's one of the most rusted 240Zs that I have ever seen that anyone has tried to sell as a restoration project. It would be a completely different story if the car's build date was a month earlier.  I think were all in agreement here, it's a parts car and nothing more.

If the rear hatch glass is worth $1.8k to $2k and IF the car has an early hood, it's worth $600.00 or $700.00? The Series I steering wheel at $300.00 at best, the Series I console was replaced with a beaten up '72-73 console, the early seat belts are probably loaded with rust and not sure if this car would even have had the pricey plastic inspection lid pieces or not? 

Totally agree. I am not sure the car would survive the trip in one piece onto and off of the trailer. It's a shame, but when the outside looks that bad, then all the sheet metal is thin and badly corroded in the concealed spaces. You would have to have two donor cars to come up with enough panels to salvage this one. And you would basically have to take the car almost all the way apart to do it.

• Like 1

It's sad to see such an early car in such deplorable condition.  For the longest time these vehicles were seen as disposable and fell pray to adolescent whims and abuse.  I plead guilty to hammering a few Z cars in my youth.

I applause those who saw beyond that and preserved the ones that are quickly approaching the half-century milestone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DatsunZGuy said:

It's sad to see such an early car in such deplorable condition.  For the longest time these vehicles were seen as disposable and fell pray to adolescent whims and abuse.  I plead guilty to hammering a few Z cars in my youth.

I applause those who saw beyond that and preserved the ones that are quickly approaching the half-century milestone.

Yes, it is very sad to see an early 3-dgit VIN 240Z in this condition. As Charles mentioned earlier, it would probably take a couple of donor cars to restore this one. Not sure if there is anyone out there that would make that kind of commitment both from a financial and a time standpoint, but you never know.

• Like 1