IGNORED

Picked up a couple of hard to find parts recently

JLPurcell

9 hours ago, Rod's Garage said:

I found this topic interesting as I have been running the AR LeMans wheels for years (about 88 miles everyday).  Mine are 15" x 7".

15x7’s Wow.. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a set in that size.  I have seen some 15’s, but they were for TR-6 and about 4.5” wide. Of course there are reproductions in aluminum now in 15”. I sure wish they had done the repro’s in 14”.

I have a set of 14x7’s on one Z, so I know what your talking about - polishing them constantly - and don’t drive it that much. Nuvite NuShine Metal Polish is your Friend !!!   https://nuvitechemical.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/nushine.pdf I

14 hours ago, zspert said:

A sample of some of the Holy Grail parts collecting dust at the shop

OK - now you have to tell us how this all came about. How does one accumulate all that? - that's the question I have ever time I watch "American Pickers". LOL  I know how I wound up with a bunch of NOS parts - every time I needed a part for a 240Z, I'd order 2 or 3 because the cost of shipping was usually more than the cost of the part. So I'd order 2 or 3 so I wouldn't have to pay the shipping costs again later.

• Like 3

Carl, I ended up with my stash of Holy Grail parts through pure serendipity. For the past 30 or so years I've kept in touch with Nissan/Datsun parts availability through careful tea reading combined with help from the guys at my local dealer with whom I've had a relationship for almost 40 years. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...