IGNORED

Picked up a couple of hard to find parts recently

JLPurcell

45 minutes ago, JLPurcell said:

I have been looking for a set of original magnesium AR LeMans wheels, found and purchased a set this week along with an NOS JDM Grill. Excited and can't wait until they arrive.  

54222380_1617657041711794_41976154756197

Very nice and look to be in decent shape.  Can I ask what those set you back?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ConVerTT said:

Very nice and look to be in decent shape.  Can I ask what those set you back?

I had a set with my race car years ago and cannot remember where they got to. I have been looking for a set for a while now and will say that I "paid up" for this set. They do seem to be in good shape and reportedly, not that it matters, were from a combination of the BRE cars and Logan Blackburn's car. Logan was my instructor at my first driving school at IRP, which if these are some of his brings this full circle. 

• Like 4

Just now, JLPurcell said:

I had a set with my race car years ago and cannot remember where they got to. I have been looking for a set for a while now and will say that I "paid up" for this set. They do seem to be in good shape and reportedly, not that it matters, were from a combination of the BRE cars and Logan Blackburn's car. Logan was my instructor at my first driving school at IRP, which if these are some of his brings this full circle. 

Great find!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JLPurcell said:

This is another interesting NOS part that I recently acquired. Electric Fuel Pump upgrade. 

IMG_2380.JPG

17033-E4200 is the stock 432/432-R pump mount bracket. Nice find! I have one on my 432-R replica.

Does it have the original type Jidosha Kiki KK pump too?

Edited by HS30-H

On 3/16/2019 at 12:39 PM, JLPurcell said:

Logan Blackburn's Datsun 240Z with which he won the SCCA C-Production National Championship 1977, was the BRE #3 C-Production Z.  Glad to hear you were able to find a set. 

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing you knowledge Carl! Small World Again. Here is the stroy: Back in the 70's I road raced a Datsun 240Z. I had a set of magnesium American Racing LeMans Wheels. Strong and very light. The BRE teams ran these wheels when dominating CP class in Datsun 240Z's. Logan Blackburn was one of those famed drivers back in the day and my instructor at my first driving school. See Picture of yellow wheels on his yellow car below. I had been on a quest to pick up a set of those very rare magnesium AR LeMans wheels. I recently found a set in Georgia. I was told that they were from Logan Blackburn's cars. I thought maybe. I am in the process of restoring the wheels, when I removed the valve steams it was confirmed by the yellow that these are indeed a set of Logan Blackburn's wheels. Full Circle! How Cool is this!

logan wheel1.JPG

logan wheel2.JPG

Datsun-240Z-Logan-Blackburn.jpg

• Like 3