IGNORED

Bought 2 New Datsun 240Z/Fairlady Z Walnut Shift Knobs

lonetreesteve

13 hours ago, SurferD said:

That looks amazing. How'd you measure the contour?

I just do them by eye and check them with calipers. "Custom Hand Crafted"   LOL 

And, like so many of my projects, that's why it's hard to charge what they're really worth. If someone is looking for a concourse quality repro that even at relatively close examination is indistinguishable from a stock original, then I have painstakingly made a couple of those. But there's no way I could ever make any money doing it. I just don't think pockets are that deep! Haha!!

11 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

i still have my old skateboard deck cut into pieces and glued in stacks in attempt to make something like this, i dont have access to a lathe, would you be able to turn them for me?

Possibly... Just turning the wood part?

Send me a PM and we can chat.

17 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

@Captain Obvious i still have my old skateboard deck cut into pieces and glued in stacks in attempt to make something like this, i dont have access to a lathe, would you be able to turn them for me? Would pay you for the trouble. 015_Peralta.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&w=11I just like the way the wood looks, but like the shape of the OEM Z ones more.

There's a multi-colored baseball bat on letgo for $35 that would be cool looking.  Probably get a bunch of shift knobs out of it?

https://gb.letgo.com/en/i/rawlings-multi-colored-baseball-bat_7c62a427-ff6c-47ae-83cd-c3180a35b7f2

Image result for Rawlings Multi Colored Baseball Bat

22 hours ago, siteunseen said:

There's a multi-colored baseball bat on letgo for $35 that would be cool looking.  Probably get a bunch of shift knobs out of it?

https://gb.letgo.com/en/i/rawlings-multi-colored-baseball-bat_7c62a427-ff6c-47ae-83cd-c3180a35b7f2

site, how am i going to shift with a baseball bat shifter ?

On 3/2/2019 at 7:41 AM, Captain Obvious said:

It's about an inch diameter. Are you a mold maker?

I'm a Prototype Engineer and have access to some 3d printers and machining tools. Would be a pretty easy part to make with the 3d lettering on the shift map.

• Like 1