IGNORED

What Rubber Supplier

10 hours ago, siteunseen said:

you need @Zup braided trophy winning advice

Ha----Thanks Site! The promo check is in the mail. LOL

Be warned--you're stepping into @S30Driver domain. :ermm:

Rubber from Precision, no matter where you get it, represents the best value "all in one kit" in my experience, but  with several big caveats.

My opinions are based on trying to do it only once for the next 40+ years and to me originality is a big issue.

1. Door seals---original Nissan/ Datsun---nothing else comes close for fitment--these will cost you dearly IF you can find them.

2. Inner hatch seal---same as above---too important to keep fumes from the cabin and it is such a convoluted profile that I don't want any issues--still available if you are diligent.

3. Windshield-----same as above---too important  to use anything else, even though they are very expensive.

4. Hatch----same as above---- and still in good supply at a nearly reasonable price.

All of the other seals from Precision fit well enough to do their intended job (IMHO) and fitment is not as critical..

I've been tempted to try out the complete kit from http://vintagerubber.com/datsun-240z-full-restoration-seal-kit/. They offer seals for all the Datsun/ Nissan collectibles---not just the 240/260/280z. ( @Patcon---the 510 goon wagon)

Their kit is 3+ times as expensive as the Precision brand, but it is even more complete and supposedly they stand behind their product. That said, they may actually represent the best value.

Of course you will need tons of small bits from ( @nix240z ) Steve Nixon at www.240zrubberparts.com . That gentleman has been a godsend to the z community by providing items that no one else will ever produce!

• Like 3

I had heard a story a few years back that Vintage was including PRP items in their Z kits due to ongoing mfg. issues with main seals such as doors, windshield, ...etc.  Don't know if that was just a rumor but it seems it would be worth raising the question with them prior to placing an order.  Don't overlook the Kia Sportage options if spot-on accuracy is not an issue.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zup said:

Ha----Thanks Site! The promo check is in the mail. LOL

Be warned--you're stepping into @S30Driver domain. :ermm:

Rubber from Precision, no matter where you get it, represents the best value "all in one kit" in my experience, but  with several big caveats.

My opinions are based on trying to do it only once for the next 40+ years and to me originality is a big issue.

1. Door seals---original Nissan/ Datsun---nothing else comes close for fitment--these will cost you dearly IF you can find them.

2. Inner hatch seal---same as above---too important to keep fumes from the cabin and it is such a convoluted profile that I don't want any issues--still available if you are diligent.

3. Windshield-----same as above---too important  to use anything else, even though they are very expensive.

4. Hatch----same as above---- and still in good supply at a nearly reasonable price.

All of the other seals from Precision fit well enough to do their intended job (IMHO) and fitment is not as critical..

I've been tempted to try out the complete kit from http://vintagerubber.com/datsun-240z-full-restoration-seal-kit/. They offer seals for all the Datsun/ Nissan collectibles---not just the 240/260/280z. ( @Patcon---the 510 goon wagon)

Their kit is 3+ times as expensive as the Precision brand, but it is even more complete and supposedly they stand behind their product. That said, they may actually represent the best value.

Of course you will need tons of small bits from ( @nix240z ) Steve Nixon at www.240zrubberparts.com . That gentleman has been a godsend to the z community by providing items that no one else will ever produce!

I had seen those seals. They have many of them but there are still several 510 seals that have to be sourced through Baz at Dasport. I prefer Baz because he is so nice to daal with.