IGNORED

I've been looking for a project

z8987

Are you on lick washers or torque specs?

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978/brake/front-brake

Torque specs are at the end of the Brake chapter.  Service Data and Specifications.

Forgot to say, CZCC has the FSM's on the site now.

https://www.classiczcars.com/files/

Edited by Zed Head

11 hours ago, z8987 said:

It's not in that manual. 

Humm... I don't understand that - it is in my Factory Service Manual - Page BR-12 Caliper attaching bolt 7.3- 9.9 (53 to 71 ft.-lb)

Then again on BR-27 Service Data & Specifications - Caliper to knuckle flange 7.3 - 9.9 kg-m (52.8 to 71.6 ft-lb)

• 2 weeks later...

The first looks like a valve lash cap. 

Silver is bad!!!! Put a manet in that and see what happens. The last time I had a similar situation, I destroyed a camshaft. Might be bearing material though...

5 minutes ago, Patcon said:

The first looks like a valve lash cap. 

Silver is bad!!!! Put a manet in that and see what happens. The last time I had a similar situation, I destroyed a camshaft. Might be bearing material though...

I had a magnet in the oil pan. That spring thing from the seal, and that other piece are all it picked up. 

It looks like ground up aluminum.  I bought an old mystery transmission, filled it up with some old fluid and spun it on the back of my garage engine.  The fluid looked like that when it came out.  Ground up shift fork. 

With the lash pad, the seal material, and the silver, kind of looks like a camshaft might have damaged itself in the past.  The camshaft tower bushing journals are aluminum.  The cam rides right on the tower material.  Lots of aluminum in other places too that could get rubbed on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zed Head said:

It looks like ground up aluminum.  I bought an old mystery transmission, filled it up with some old fluid and spun it on the back of my garage engine.  The fluid looked like that when it came out.  Ground up shift fork. 

With the lash pad, the seal material, and the silver, kind of looks like a camshaft might have damaged itself in the past.  The camshaft tower bushing journals are aluminum.  The cam rides right on the tower material.  Lots of aluminum in other places too that could get rubbed on.

Are you sure that's a lash pad?