IGNORED

I've been looking for a project

z8987

17 hours ago, Carl Beck said:

Master Vac Part Number was the same 69 up to 05/71.  #8987 would  have an 08/70 DOM.  Not certain when the Decal Changed, but perhaps it has been discussed in another thread here at some point.

Carl

Hi Carl,

thanks for the corrected information on #8987 build date.  I was interpolating dates from Zhome data.

I modeled the early master vac decal from Motorman7s ‘70 car which has a vin # hls30-02614.  Given

that, I made the assumption that this early Decal most likely was applied to all 1969-70 cars, but with

no information to validate this assumption.

Dan

1 hour ago, AZ-240z said:

Hi Carl,

thanks for the corrected information on #8987 build date.  I was interpolating dates from Zhome data.

I modeled the early master vac decal from Motorman7s ‘70 car which has a vin # hls30-02614.  Given

that, I made the assumption that this early Decal most likely was applied to all 1969-70 cars, but with

no information to validate this assumption.

Dan

I'll take one for my car. 

I ordered a master cylinder (OEM) to replace mine.  When I got it, it was a little different than my original, but still OEM.  I'm learning some things here.

I decided to rebuild my original MC. Here's what I found. Where the MC is inserted into the booster, the end is corroded. You can see in the picture.  is this still usable?  Also, I can't get the large nut off where the brake lines are attached to the MC.  A free stream of air goes through, but I still get the feeling they should come off?   

Thanks. 

Allen

01e47f25b6e5ac74b0b611ed3eef507d27c6179db4.jpg

019b4560a139aec9d973bc3a377cce8ea8da907086.jpg

2 hours ago, z8987 said:

I'll take one for my car. 

I’d be happy to sell you a decal.  Given what has been said in the above conversations,

your car kind of straddles the annual changeover months.  Your choice whether you 

want the earlier or later Master Vac Decal.  The only way you would know for certain

would be to look up someone with a vin#/build date close to yours whose car still has

It’s original master vac decal.

Dan

1 hour ago, AZ-240z said:

I’d be happy to sell you a decal.  Given what has been said in the above conversations,

your car kind of straddles the annual changeover months.  Your choice whether you 

want the earlier or later Master Vac Decal.  The only way you would know for certain

would be to look up someone with a vin#/build date close to yours whose car still has

It’s original master vac decal.

Dan

I'll get back to this later when I work it out what I want to do. 

• 2 weeks later...

I need a windshield washer fluid container.  I've learned that OEM doesn't necessarily mean the same as original.  I want an original container, any ideas where I can get one?  and how can I be sure it's original? 

On 4/19/2019 at 3:43 AM, z8987 said:

I need a windshield washer fluid container.  I've learned that OEM doesn't necessarily mean the same as original.  I want an original container, any ideas where I can get one?  and how can I be sure it's original? 

No ideas on this?

I've used 30ft pounds for the caliper to mounting bracket bolts for both my `90 Camry and my `80ZX.

They both have similar front caliper designs, so I used the Toyota spec. for the Z.

I'm curious to know a torque spec. For the Z as well. Too much torque on those caliper bolts can be problematic.

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk