IGNORED

dash restoration

26th-Z

Originally posted by Alan Pugh

Ok, got my dash back today from Dashboard Restorations.

Cost: $390 (US$261.30)

Wow, that's cheap! I wonder if the discussions of over $450 from them were because of shipping from the US? I've got no knowledge of how much it costs to ship things around the world. Maybe I'll have to dissasemble my dash and get this done sooner than I thought...

Thanks for the pic.

Originally posted by 26th-Z

The quote I got on May 14th was $582 US from the Washington State "consolidation point". I remember round trip shipping from Florida to Washington was $150 for my dash.

Is that $150.oo part of, or in addition to, the $582.oo ?

Alan

Can you please let us know how you get on with the centre console that you are having done by them. I am interested in getting mine done as well after I noticed this service listed on their website. I sent in a few emails to them but didnt really get anywhere on the process or quality etc.

Thanks

Joseph Gauci

240 in OZ

:classic: Hi Gentlemen, Just wanted to say how flattered we are by Alan Pughs comments regarding our service.

We would like to offer all your members an opportunity which should provide you a less costly restoration, by dealing direct with our factory.

If you are able to co-ordinate a multi unit shipment (say 8-10 plus units), we would be pleased to offer you a price break on the actual restoration itself, and also freight costs.

It would mean that someone would need to co-ordinate the units, and find an airfreight agent (Danzas AEI, Emery etc), to handle your shipment from a central collection point, direct to our Brisbane factory and return.

Airfreight is based on cubic weight so the more units in the shipment, the cheaper the overall freight per unit.

Actual airfreight transit time is less than three days. Factory turnaround is about fifteen working days.

Just a thought, however, please feel free to contact us for any information or advice you may require.

We also restore consoles.

Thank you and best regards from down-under. Jim

Originally posted by Dashboard Resto

We would like to offer all your members an opportunity which should provide you a less costly restoration, by dealing direct with our factory.

If you are able to co-ordinate a multi unit shipment (say 8-10 plus units), we would be pleased to offer you a price break on the actual restoration itself, and also freight costs.

Good to get the prinicple people involved in the discussions! I know that 26th-Z has expressed interest, and I'm interested. Anyone else? Anyone that is near a major airport interested in coordinating (maybe free shipping for them paid for by the rest of us as an enticement?) ? I'm in the "middle" (kind of) the country, and so somewhat centrally located, but I'm 200 miles from O'Hare, 120 from Indianapolis, and around 200 from St. Louis. Our little airport here in Champaign probably doesn't do much freight handling :ermm: . Anyway, if there are enough people interested, we should investigate it.

Jim,

This is a great idea.

“26th-Z” posted that he got an estimate from you for $582.00usd for one unit. Could you give us a rough estimate on the saving we could expect to see if we got 8 people to do this?

I know this is an unfair, maybe even impossible to answer, question. But before making a decision like this, it would be extremely helpful to have a rough figure. I personally will not hold you to it. I expect the finale cost to come out after the details are worked out.

Thanks.

We would charge you our local Trade-Price of AUD$390 (about USD$262.00) ex Factory Brisbane if you guy's look after the airfreight and any other costs.

Console restoration for 240 and 260Z would be AUD$175

We anticipate that your (everyones) units would be forwarded in one consignment (one box), but restored dashes need to be "super-wrapped" for return. Therefore a small re-packing fee might apply say around USD$10-15 per unit - based on re-using the box/container used in the forward freight.

Bear in mind Sea-Freight is substantially cheaper than air (a bit longer), however, any reputable freight agent can provide both alternative costs. Remember, the more units, the cheaper the freight whatever method chosen.

You need to settle on a willing volunteer (kind soul) from the club ranks to co-ordinate.

Jim:geek::classic

Jim

Are you able to provide some more info on your console restoration service. Stuff like whats involved, whether there is a differentiation between the early and the late console, etc.

Im looking to have mine repaired, its pretty bad.

Thanks

240 in OZ

Originally posted by Dashboard Resto

We would charge you ...

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, we don't allow businesses to directly promote themselves on our club site unless they are a supporting member. Although I feel this is a VERY valuable service for Zcars, I must stick to my guns because I have asked other businesses to follow this rule.

Believe me, I really want to see you guys promote your dash restoration service on this club. Is there any way you can become a supporting member? If so, get ahold of me by sending a private message to Mike. Private messaging is available if you click "USER CP" from the Options menu in the upper left of the screen.

-- Mike