IGNORED

Well, that is not what I planned

240dkw

No it was removed to do the repair, photo is of it reinstalled on the new(original) rebuilt motor. And yes it was drilled out at both ends of the crack and ground out between the holes. I think it will last for quite a while, but will keep checking it every so often.

• 4 months later...

How long will that grommet last? All depends on what it's made out of. If it's good quality Nitrile or Viton, then it might last a while. If it's something of unknown composition bought at the local hardware store, then who knows!? It could last 40 years, or it could disintegrate into pieces in a couple hours.

I like the idea of the "splint", although it doesn't address the root cause of the problem.

12 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

How long will that grommet last? All depends on what it's made out of. If it's good quality Nitrile or Viton, then it might last a while. If it's something of unknown composition bought at the local hardware store, then who knows!? It could last 40 years, or it could disintegrate into pieces in a couple hours.

I like the idea of the "splint", although it doesn't address the root cause of the problem.

It is a off the shelf grommet, says it is vinyl on the package so we will see what looks like in 500 miles