IGNORED

vintage dashes 280z

Dave WM

?...I think seats out is a waste of time. Slide them back and you have more than enough room. Done this twice. The only wires that could be confused is the three black wires on left side behind vent. All other wires are super easy to figure were they go back.

maybe a dumb question, but I assume the gauges etc.. all stay attached to the metal frame, with the dash pad just fitting over? or will I have to remove gauges, install pad, then re install gauges thru the openings in the pad?

12 minutes ago, Dave WM said:

maybe a dumb question, but I assume the gauges etc.. all stay attached to the metal frame, with the dash pad just fitting over? or will I have to remove gauges, install pad, then re install gauges thru the openings in the pad?

Gauges come out. Again, easy process. The only thing I find cumbersome in the whole ordeal is taking the choke bracket off the center console when removing. One tip, undo the choke cables from the valve cover if they are attached to a bracket. This allows you to pull the cables through the firewall more and makes it easier to access. Not sure if this applies to your car.

Edited by Frankenstein

5 minutes ago, Dave WM said:

interesting video on a dash removal. He is doing a complete strip down, hence removed the steering column. Looks like if the wheel was off the dash could be worked out without removing.

Two bolts to remove column from dash bracket. Once dash is out you can put screws back in to support column temporarily.

70dceb4b16cb5ee06d221399e6f03628.jpg

On my 240 I dropped the steering column and then bolted back up once the dash was out. Haven’t had a weekend to get my new dash on the frame, but should get some time this weekend. I need to get new bulbs for my dash lights.