IGNORED

Time to renew my insurance????

7tooZ

I am curious what members are using for their vintage car insurance.

Hagerty collector vehicle coverage $40K cost $415.00 year. Includes liability coverage.

Guaranteed Value® Coverage

In the event of a covered total loss, you receive every cent of your car’s insured value.* No depreciation. No messing around. No hassle.

Flexible Usage

Our policy allows you occasional pleasure use with no fixed mileage restrictions**. With Hagerty, you can go for a weekend drive, take your vehicle up to the local ice cream shop or attend unlimited events and cruises. 

Guaranteed flatbed

Hagerty Plus

Hagerty Plus® is designed specifically for collector cars. It is a comprehensive 24/7 full service roadside assistance program for lockouts, battery jumps, tire changes, emergency fuel delivery and more — guaranteeing flatbed towing with soft straps.

What else is out there?

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

Edited by 7tooZ
added text

Does hagerty come out and look at the car when the value you put is high or do they "agree", but will place a value on it after the insurance has to be used?

I changed the value on mine last year and no one called or questioned it.. Maybe it's because my "value" was not high enough to flag?

Last year they sent me an email suggesting I should consider raising it from $25K which I did. They didn’t question it. I really don’t have an issue with Hagerty just thought I should ask around. I like that I am covered on all club events and other limited use.
Only time I have needed coverage was 2012 and found out I was undervalued. The other drivers insurance paid nearly twice what I had the value at. Good lesson. Big picture $415 is nothing.

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

Here's what I have.  I don't know much about insurance, just pay and pay and pay.  I think if you never have a claim they should return some money but that's not what THEY think. LOL

1972 Datsun 240Z

Bodily Injury Liability ($50,000 each person/$100,000 each accident)
$35.00
    Property Damage Liability ($50,000 each accident)
$9.00
    Collision (500 deductible)
$38.00
    Comprehensive w/Glass (500 w/ Glass)
$53.00
Total Premium
$135.00

Free Membership to 24/7 Roadside Assistance! Drive knowing that you have 24 hour roadside assistance just a phone call away.
Edited by siteunseen

6 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I have Infinity Classic Ins.

Sent a bunch of pictures in and we agreed on 25 K for the value.  I have the same driving rules as Hagerty does.  It's $135 a year.  

this sounds interesting

Edit: Have to keep it garaged? How do they verify the garaging?

Edited by Patcon

At one point when I had one Grundy, they asked for a photo of my garage. I have Hagerty now and they asked for photos of prior cars. Oddly on my current 240z nor my 300zx, they asked for nothing. My 300z that is isnsured is but ugly and has 5k worth of insurance (I only paid $400 for the car).I think it was the least I could get.  

Edited by JSM

10 hours ago, Patcon said:

this sounds interesting

Edit: Have to keep it garaged? How do they verify the garaging?

One of the pics was the car parked in the garage.  They asked if the garage doors were operational and would lock.

The only thing I didn't like is they require the same 50/100 on my little d-21 pick up.  I had the minimum on it prior but it's still cheaper all around and I have better insurance on the pick up.

Nice folks located right out of Atlanta somewhere.  Alpharetta maybe?

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 10:32 AM, jfa.series1 said:

I've had Hagerty for several years.  They initially required a comprehensive set of photos for the underwriters to review, no onsite inspection.  I upped my valuation a couple of years ago, can't recall if they needed new pics. 

This was my same experience with Hagerty. Also when I increased the value a few years ago, they did not ask for any further photos.

I think I may need to increase the value again next year when its due for renewal.

• Like 1