IGNORED

50th Anniversary Edition Thread

15 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Well since the L24 seems a lot like a Mercedes engine, it would be appropriate for the Merc engine  to be in the 50th

The Mercedes motor used in the Infiniti QX30 would be a natural choice for Nissan....and it gets 32 MPG.

Dennis

• Like 1

From a brief conversation I had with Tamura san at ZCON, I can tell you not to pin your hopes on a straight 6 in a future Z. He  was kind enough to explain to me that there was too much flex possible in the crankshaft in a high revving application as opposed to using a V6 block. I would speculate that the 3 liter V6 with turbocharging will play a role future Z cars. 

It was an interesting exchange. 

Nissan has been very supportive of the Z. They had a significant presence at the Mitty, Monterey and ZCON. The American market conditions don't support the Z car. You hardly see any front engine/rear drive vehicles in the American new car market that aren't SUVs or trucks. How much is Nissan willing to spend on a platform that essentially a one-off? I would expect some kind of mild evolution of the 370Z platform for the new Z car with sheet metal that goes with that platform. I would not be surprised if there are people in Nissan that might favor the retro appearance, but I'm not sure if it would work on the current platform. I think the proportions would look squished.

Nissan needs input from the folks at Jaguar who designed the current F-Type. Now there's a design that picks up on all the design cues that (with some basic changes for branding like headlight scoops) could have carried the spirit of the 240Z into the present market, US and worldwide.

F Type.jpg

Edited by dmorales-bello
  • Like 2

@dmorales-bello, yes that new Jag is quite pretty mostly because they resisted the trend of adding fake scoops, ducts and wings that is so popular these days. Mind you Jaguars target market is probably older, well off guys that lusted after the E-type when they where kids,   where as Nissans Z market is much younger, maybe looking for a bit more flash.

@wheee!, We should start a petition!  That white Z would make a great modern edition.  Maybe loose the rear wing and put in a Porsche type retractable spoiler.

Edited by grannyknot
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

@wheee!, We should start a petition!  That white Z would make a great modern edition.  Maybe loose the rear wing and put in a Porsche type retractable spoiler.

Maybe a special edition with a wing would get people talking, noticing, buying and be disruptive to the market.... remember:

51+mmP+eAeL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And it is not far from reality:

wind tunnel.jpg

test cars.JPG1968 Targa and Prototypea.jpg

Edited by 240260280

5 hours ago, lordkarma88 said:

Bleh! Please don't tell me that's what the 400z is gonna look like!

Now *this*, brilliant.

Sent from my OP 3T using Classic Zcar Club mobile

The images you see on this thread are merely plucked from the sphincters of random people with no affiliation to Nissan. Any resemblance to future Nissan designs is merely coincidence. 

• Like 1