IGNORED

Found old Z pictures. I’ll start!

conedodger

14 hours ago, conedodger said:

That’s either ‘74 260Z or a ‘75-‘76 280Z up ahead and right.

As a challenge to myself, I spent a couple minutes trying to triangulate some detail in the background of that pic to pinpoint the exact year. I unsuccessfully tried a whole bunch of obscure different angles... Things like digging into Aladdin, Tahiti (or Tahitian), Grand Q, Churchill Downs. Frank Gorshin in Vegas.

Unfortunately, all of that stuff was going one for a wide year range and I couldn't figure out a way to nail the year down.

The blue Nevada plates of that style were issued from 74 to 81, so no help there:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Nevada

I was hoping I could find some kind of clue, but couldn't. Fun, but failed.  LOL 

• Like 1

The picture of the A-1 Motors Datsun dealer is here in Chambersburg PA. I think it's a used car dealer now. My friend bought his 71 240Z there new...still has it. I remember looking for my first car back in 1986 and going there to test drive a Z. I took it up Radio Hill and the brake pedal went almost to the floor. Made for an interesting drive. I ended up getting a 1975 280Z and still have it.

Chuck

whilst not a Z..... We lived in Japan in the 1970's here is a couple of photos of my mums car, I think it is a 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X 

(could be a 2000GT-R). Taken in 1975. 

It was a pretty zippy car, can remember mum flooring it a few times for fun. 

PhotoScans8-572-1.jpg

PhotoScans8-605-1.jpg

PhotoScans8-605-2.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

As a challenge to myself, I spent a couple minutes trying to triangulate some detail in the background of that pic to pinpoint the exact year. I unsuccessfully tried a whole bunch of obscure different angles... Things like digging into Aladdin, Tahiti (or Tahitian), Grand Q, Churchill Downs. Frank Gorshin in Vegas.

Unfortunately, all of that stuff was going one for a wide year range and I couldn't figure out a way to nail the year down.

The blue Nevada plates of that style were issued from 74 to 81, so no help there:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Nevada

I was hoping I could find some kind of clue, but couldn't. Fun, but failed.  LOL 

It's a riddle! (groan)

Hoover says 77-78 (Lola Falana & Frank Gorshin on Alladdin Sign)

image.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kats said:

Here is a link of an old magazine ,

some Z432 pictures are  there . 

https://motor-fan.jp/tech/10005253

Wow Kats!  BIG THANKS a Jan 1970 article published in Dec 1969 with 432R on Suzuka in Nov!

It will raise some eyebrows lol:

" The proposition given to us is that the race, the fact that we have to have enough battle to rally enough in the rally, the ride quality of passenger cars, the practicality to use practically enough for sedan as well It was a contradictory request. Also, being able to mass-produce, this is not to recover, price is cheap, weight is also appropriate. In addition to that, it was that we had to conform well to the United States which is the main market of fair lady."

Who is the speaker in the article?

When were the Nissan Murayama  tests done? (of which the photos are lost)

8 hours ago, kats said:

Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures!! I love it !!

scotta , you were in Japan when I was 6 years old , and the Skyline ! 

Kats

We lived in Tokyo for 3 years. In Sendagaya, near Yoyogi Park.

I was about 10. As a blonde headed kid I definitely stood out. Gaijin's were pretty rare those days, Tokyo was much less international back in the 70's. Great memories, really enjoyed the time.  I enjoy getting back there. 

• Like 1