IGNORED

Input on power gains by swapping head.

moelk

On 8/14/2018 at 9:47 PM, 240260280 said:

Shave of 2mm off a P90 will put you ~9.9CR

image.png

Here is with E88 @44cc (~10.2CR):

image.png

You are showing the P90/P79 head cut 2mm with a 46cc chamber. Actually those combustion chambers are 44cc on those two heads after the cut. We (Eiji and me) cc’d The Head......they were 44cc’s. The head in the picture was cut again to give us a chamber cc of 44cc’s.

41F93DD0-970E-4CD9-B07C-9A347D9FD713.jpeg

15 hours ago, Diseazd said:

You are showing the P90/P79 head cut 2mm with a 46cc chamber. Actually those combustion chambers are 44cc on those two heads after the cut. We (Eiji and me) cc’d The Head......they were 44cc’s. The head in the picture was cut again to give us a chamber cc of 44cc’s.

Thanks Guy!

Hmmm I trust both you and Brian Little but he gives 46cc here: http://datsunzgarage.us/p79/   and you have verified with two heads so I will default to you and update the tool... however can you please confirm both of your heads were not shaved before you received them?

Here is the revised tool: Z Engine Planner

S30 Engine Modeller V4.zip

Edited by 240260280

Blue....I’m not an expert, but the Datsun heads are 108mm from upper to lower surfaces. The measurement that are taken are from the top to give you 106mm result (2mm or .080 inches removed). If the head was previously cut .015 inches, the machinist would only cut the head .065 inches. I went back and checked the stats on Eiji’s Stroker that he built for me. The chambers were 44.5 cc’s not 44. I was there when he cc’d the engine, so I watched him cc the number one, number six and the number three chambers. All cc’d at 44.5 cc. Anyone else want to chime in?

Guy

16 minutes ago, rcb280z said:

I forgot where you are. Yes its high there as well, $6.00 a gal? Its $4 plus per gal for the 91 here.

If i got the numbers right (gal-liter, dollar-sek) we are at $6.30 a gal 98 and $5.80 for 95.