IGNORED

resurrecting a 1977 280Z

MM569457

I would think you could put the container on the floor. If there's not a ton of extra line the electric fuel pump aught to prime itself. If it won't raise it up while the pump is running until it primes. Put a return line into the same container so it won't pump all the fuel back to the tank.

• Agree 1

If you only use the mechanical put a bottle under the hood close to the pump. The mechanical pump struggles to prime the line without the car running. If it were me, I would start with the substitute supply at the electric pump. If it works great, if not, move the fuel supply to the mechanical pump

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Patcon said:

If you only use the mechanical put a bottle under the hood close to the pump. The mechanical pump struggles to prime the line without the car running. If it were me, I would start with the substitute supply at the electric pump. If it works great, if not, move the fuel supply to the mechanical pump

mechanical pump works. Used a water bottle to draw in fuel.

may bypass the electric fuel pump altogether

• Like 1

Seeing how there is a real possibility of the car being registered and driving…. I’m looking at safety features. Windshield wipers work, but the fluid pump is cracked. I’ll try and JB weld to fix, but it seems it would work if not cracked.

i think the reverse lights aren’t working because the wires are switched. When I stop the leak on the clutch hose and replace the gear oil, I’ll double check the wiring.

53 minutes ago, MM569457 said:

Seeing how there is a real possibility of the car being registered and driving…. I’m looking at safety features. Windshield wipers work, but the fluid pump is cracked. I’ll try and JB weld to fix, but it seems it would work if not cracked.

i think the reverse lights aren’t working because the wires are switched. When I stop the leak on the clutch hose and replace the gear oil, I’ll double check the wiring.

What do you mean by the wires on the reverse lights are switched? Where do you think they are switched: at the transmission or at the tail light?