IGNORED

We're bringin' back the Flat Tops!

motorman7

2 minutes ago, Gav240z said:

I am glad they sell them in Australia! I was wondering where I was going to find 14" wheels for my 71 date stamped Topy's to suit my white 71 240z.

My Australian delivered 70 240z, HS30 00150 was fitted with "Aunger Hotwires" and not the steel topy's (I believe dealer fitted) and so the spare tyre is actually of that era. I'll have to check but I believe it's a bridgestone. Kats has already noted I have a "432" style spare wheel tie down for it in the rear. I think HS30 00051 also had jelly bean wheels like these (probably Aunger branded) new from dealer in place of the original caps + steelies.

I've got to great lengths to find appropriate date stamped steel wheels for my cars. Although I may clean up the dealer fitted "alloys" like you have done here.

Hope they still sell the Bridgestone 175/80 14 there.  I found them in Australia in searches last fall, but now only UK dealers are showing up in my searches for those Bridgestones.  If you cannot find those tires there, send me a PM and I'll find the  eBay UK link I used.

When I bought my Z, the dealer gave me a $10 credit for each of the original hubcaps.  He was a new owner of the dealership, and later found out he already had an attic full of those 240Z hubcaps.  I wonder if that attic is still full....  (but I still like the slotted "mag" wheels better!)

Good luck!

• Like 1

Got my parts shipment in from Zcardepot.  Firewall insulator, glove box, emblems, spindle pins and lots of small rubber parts.  It's the little details that make everything look great.  Still having a hard time getting the pics to come out well.  I have to use the flash, otherwise all I get is reflection.

DSCF7642.JPG

DSCF7649.JPG

DSCF7650.JPG

DSCF7652.JPG

• Like 1

Put most of the front suspension in, except for the sway bar bushings.  Also put in some of the other attaching hardware.  Here are some pics.  Pics look a little better with the natural light.  May try and get the rear suspension in tomorrow.

DSCF7695.JPG

DSCF7663.JPG

DSCF7688.JPG

DSCF7686.JPG

DSCF7679.JPG

DSCF7681.JPG

DSCF7674.JPG

DSCF7678.JPG

DSCF7683.JPG

DSCF7691.JPG

DSCF7659.JPG

DSCF7692.JPG

DSCF7698.JPG

Edited by motorman7
  • Like 1

Forgot to mention... I took a couple minutes to look into the possibility of modifying the hex cap to be able to use injector filters instead of the original carb filter, and I came to the conclusion that it's not feasible. Using a custom cap with a recessed area to accept the closed end of the filter seems like it would work, but the problem is the other end. There diameter of the injector filter is just too small and interferes with the raised lip down inside the carb body that's supposed to align the non-cap end of the filter.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:37 AM, motorman7 said:

fILTERS.jpg

I was looking at some old pics from other cars for unrelated reasons though and turned up a pic of a variable valve timing oil filter. This is from a 2006 Hyundai 4-cyl Tiburon. Not the right size, but maybe could be modified to work. Or I wouldn't be surprised if there was something out there in a different car (with oil controlled variable valve timing) that has something that would be closer.

Here's the one from the Hyundai:
P1080671.JPG

A nonpareil knob there Capt'n!   LOL

Regarding the HMB46W (flat top) fuel filters:

In post #265 Rich said  

"Also need to look into getting new fuel filters.  Do they exist?  Surprised those are not in the rebuild kit."

They do/did exist and are/were in the rebuild kit.

Nissan Part No. 16010-N3302

Hitachi Kit No. AJ52-1904

20190227_215824(0).jpg

20190227_221314.jpg

20190227_221350.jpg

20190227_221402.jpg

20190227_221412.jpg

20190227_221934.jpg

A complete rebuild kit for both front and rear carbs.

This is the only one I have found and I feel extremely fortunate to have it.

Probably not many of these around now, but you west coast guys may have better luck finding a source out there in the "Land O' Plenty".

There may be some in Australia and New Zealand, as the 260z was sold there for many more years than in the USA.

At least now you have the part numbers to assist in your efforts to find them.

Good Luck!

Edited by Zup
  • Like 1

• Mike featured this topic