IGNORED

Nissan Dealer Parts Department

psdenno

I have many times!  As long as I do the research and give him the part number he's happy to do it.  Usually I get them the next day.  He even made up an account for me so I'll get a discount, "Cliff's Auto".  Nice guy that respects the work I've done to my Zs.  I also carry him lunch on Saturdays when he's there by himself.  I don't what will happen when he retires? 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I have many times!  As long as I do the research and give him the part number he's happy to do it.  Usually I get them the next day.  He even made up an account for me so I'll get a discount, "Cliff's Auto".

No "local" Nissan dealer in my town, the only new car dealerships are Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, and Hyundai.  So, it's off to a neighboring town for Nissan parts.  The older parts counter guy is great at ferreting out Z parts and part numbers and the younger guy could care less about old cars.  They can usually get parts in just a couple days if in the system.

Like with Cliff, the older parts guy gives me a discount, which is nice.

Dennis

• Like 1

Similar experience here.  David or Butch at the counter of Courtesy Nissan Parts understand the parts and know how to find them if they are at all available.  Club discounts are standard, online prices are already fully discounted.  I have parts shipped to the store at no cost, always a good reason to stop by for a friendly chat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

Kind of a thud at the end there. 

Filet Mignon, Ribeye, T-bone and then Sirloin. LOL

More accurately, Filet Mignon, Ribeye, T-bone and then Dog meat. 

Interestingly, to me at least, is that the Nissan dealership is called Palm Springs Nissan and is NOT located in Palm Springs.  Same with Palm Springs Ford, Palm Springs Volvo, Palm Springs Subaru, Palm Springs Kia, Palm Springs Infiniti, and Palm Springs Mitsubishi.

For years, we had an Infiniti dealer in town, but the dealership left about a month ago.  So, no more Japanese dealers, no American dealers, just three German and a Korean all lined up side by side.  An odd mix for sure.

Dennis

Edited by psdenno
  • Haha 1

There are still A LOT of factory parts available and not very expensive...the trick is to bring in the part number as most of the workers have no idea where is the cd rom containing the old phish data is, and even if they do, they are not that motivated to look for it, load it up ect.

I needed the woodruff key for the front balancer, came in with the part number and left 5 minutes later with the key, $3.14 

If I would have have asked for a woodroof key for a 78 280z..I would get the deer in the head light look and be told that its discontinued.