• Bimmer Driver
    • Jacked-up 4X4 driver
    • Z Driver
    • Large Car (Towncar) Driver
    • Taxi Driver
    • Screw Driver
    • Minivan Driver
    • Volvo Driver

I think I would put SUV drivers in with the Volvo drivers. they are probably thinking that 4,000 lbs of steel in the SUV will protect them from any dummy driver in a small car, so they just go ahead and keep their foot in it. Maybe even the altitude of the driver's seat in an SUV gives them a better view of the road, so that makes them better or safer drivers.

Another thing- what is it that makes people in 4x4s think they can go faster than smaller cars? Just about every truck I see is out there going faster than traffic. It's like they have a big V-8 engine under the hood, so it permits them to break any speed limit. Don't they know that most newer cars have the same power-to-weight ratio as they have, plus better brakes & handling?

thx

I drive a Volvo S80, and while I bought it as the safest car I could find, but it is only part of the plan. I have the first reponsability to not cause and to avoid accidents. The safety of the car is for those situations where I don't see it comming. I don't smoke, I very seldom use a cell phone in a car, and I know others are not as focussed in their driving habbits(a video posted in one of the forums of an idiot repeatedly forcing a V8 Z to lose traction on a city street in traffic comes to mind). I bought the car to save my family from them, not to give me a "10 foot tall and bullet proof" mentality when sitting in the drivers seat.

That said, it is very comfortable, but not very quick-not a car for "turning tricks". ROFL

Will

Chicago drivers. The standard there is one blink of the turn signal means I'm changing lanes and you have to get out of my way! Very interesting when they are stopped in their freeway lane and your lane is still going 45 MPH during rush hour. After they signal once they also feel it is not necessary to actualy look before changing lanes.

Chicago drivers. ... one blink of the turn signal means I'm changing lanes and you have to get out of my way... is not necessary to actually look before changing lanes.

oooooh... I really hate those. if you hit them it's your fault, right? Doesn't Chicago have any 'right of way' rules? At least the truckers let the light blink a while before they change lanes.