IGNORED

5 speed swap

CRS

Neutral/4th gear/reverse light. Its detailed in the FSM, the only one you need is the reverse light switch. I am pretty sure the neutral is for the interlock mech that keeps the car from starting unless everyone is seated and buckled up. I got tired of reading it. the 4th gear switch maybe something with the ign advance. did not see it on 1st pass of the FSM. I did not see it in my online copy but was in the hard copy book I have.

Edited by Dave WM

Yep the 83 5 speed only has the backup light switch. Not like the 4 speed with 3.

I'm only going to hook up the backup light switch during installation as that all the new trans has.

For the trans and diff oil are there any recommendations?

I heard many prefer Redline MT90, synthetic 75w90.

Also read some go as high as 140 which may be a little much.

Has anyone used Lucas synthetic 75w90 or Valvoline synthetic?

Both are at the local parts store were the Redline will need to be ordered.

pretty sure the FSM can cover the w for expected temps, I would just use that. Consensus (that guy knows a lot) says use yellow metal safe in the trans (brass anti balk rings) GL4, MT90 is often mentioned, and its what I have in mine.