IGNORED

Clutch slave reservoir

That's all very informative. The machine shop who milled the surfaces on my head and exhaust/intake manifolds can probably take it down to 15 or so. Saving me some money in the process too.

Like the OP in the thread link, I was also considering exhaust, except I'm looking at MSA from the cat back.

All in it would be roughly 800$ for clutch/flywheel.

Machining the stock flywheel would free up some funds to get that exhaust note I've always wanted.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

Stock exhaust manifold is good I've always heard unless you have the hot restart problem.  Ceramic header fixes that.  I got the header and premium 2.5" for around $500 from msa during a Christmas sale I believe.

That combo is the best sounding I've heard on a Z.  Sounds as good as a ribeye sizzling. LOL

Edited by siteunseen

Oddly, I went and turned the switch that stops the clutch pedal back a few turns, went on the same test drive and couldn't get it to slip.

I'm going to pull up the FSM as soon as I can get the kid off the computer from watching princess shows and read about the proper way to adjust the pedal.

It didn't seem necessary because I only replaced the master/slave..not the clutch.

But maybe the dimensions of the new parts are somehow different, causing the clutch to not fully engage.

Not sure how heat had anything to do with it, but there is probably a good explanation.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile