zed2

[2018] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

I have use this safely on painted surfaces that are clear coated. IMG_8549.JPG

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

Wow, been so long since I posted, just been swamped with daddy duty.  🙂

But 5 speed is in and is the bees knees man!  I love being able to cruise on the freeway at 70 and not be at 4300 RPM.  Z car has been running strong since 2017 ZCON and not batted an eye for any kind of Issues.  Very proud of her. My roadster was selected to be in a rare cars of Houston display at the Houston Auto Show in January. I have been busy detailing her.   

Which leads me to my question.  I am trying to get off that black RTV like adhesive you use to secure rubber trim.  It is really thick around the entire windscreen and I need to get it all off. It is sitting on paint, so I cannot use brass brushes or the like unless I want to commit to repainting the windscreen. Which I really would rather avoid.   How do you get old RTV/adhesive off paint without chemicals that would destroy the paint.

Don’t be such a stranger Zedy......you are one of my favorite Z peeps!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SteveJ said:

I took my Z out today to visit a friend's new warehouse. It might be the last night driving day of the year, so I wanted to take advantage of it.

As several of us sat around swapping stories, photos and videos, I admired the view in front of me and decided to take a photo.DSC02548.JPG

WOW - that's a pretty impressive group of friends you're hangin' with!  Great pic, thanks for sharing.

The weather gave me one more opportunity to drive the Z this year, so I took it to a show at Gateway Classic Cars. This is what parked next to me. The owner is also restoring #30.

20181229_102118.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 8:38 PM, SteveJ said:

I took my Z out today to visit a friend's new warehouse. It might be the last night driving day of the year, so I wanted to take advantage of it.

As several of us sat around swapping stories, photos and videos, I admired the view in front of me and decided to take a photo.DSC02548.JPG

I know those cars...

Helped my buddy with his restoration.  Brake lines and Toyota 4 pots installed. Rubber fuel lines run (triple SK's). Clutch slave and rubber hose installed.  Next to bleed the system.

Edited by 240260280
    • Like 2

8 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

Helped my buddy with his restoration.  Brake lines and Toyota 4 pots installed. Rubber fuel lines run (triple SK's). Clutch slave and rubber hose installed.  Next to bleed the system.

Is that the BRE car?

On 12/6/2018 at 4:21 PM, Diseazd said:

Don’t be such a stranger Zedy......you are one of my favorite Z peeps!

was never my intention man.. just been so swept up in life. z has been incredibly reliable for so long, I have not started any major projects short of the 5 speed bud.

May try to to the texas 1000 again next year if money works out. IF not that, maybe the orange blossom special.   My Z needs another vintage rally to have some fun in.  

• Like 3

Machined a punch to stamp the holes in the seat clear vinyl protectors on 12/31/18.....closing out the year working on the Z.

Guys, I about ready to sell the 1968 datsun roadster.  She is ready for any adventure you may want to have.  Just seeing if anybody is interested. 

Which model is it

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

It is a 1968 Datsun 2000. IT has the Comp oil pan, Datsun Comp C cam and the dual DCOE 45's.  I just redid the interior, pulled the dash got the heater working and put some insulation down on the floor.  It is a supremely good driving car. 

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

• Like 3

I have a 2003 S2000 that I am trying to sell. Not sure if it is of interest but I can throw it out for you or anyone else.

Sebring silver with Red interior.

No it does not come with Janet 🙂

s2000-1.jpg

s2000-2.jpg

s2000-3.jpg

s2000-4.jpg

S2000-5.jpg

Edited by 240260280

It is a 1968 Datsun 2000. IT has the Comp oil pan, Datsun Comp C cam and the dual DCOE 45's.  I just redid the interior, pulled the dash got the heater working and put some insulation down on the floor.  It is a supremely good driving car. 
    image1.thumb.jpeg.39827eb0bdbd9b8387d7848ecdee4efc.jpeg
    image2.thumb.jpeg.2725bef91198793da3846907e2e85998.jpeg

I love this car. It reminds me of the 68 I owned only to have it disappear in the dark of night. The value is high enough to make me pass while I chase an early Cayman. Best of luck.
    Don

5 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Beautiful 2000.......the right colors and wheels......perfect!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Diseazd said:

Beautiful 2000.......the right colors and wheels......perfect!

Thanks bud. Maybe I will keep her around for this years car show circuit where I live. I as invited to show her in the collectible cars section of the HOuston Auto Show this year.  So that will be fun.  Love to take her out on sunny days and just go nowhere.  It is amazing to hear those webers sing with the top down.  

Will probably use bring a trailer when the time comes.  I  may also give the original owner a chance to buy her back. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 7:22 AM, Zedyone_kenobi said:

Guys, I about ready to sell the 1968 datsun roadster.  She is ready for any adventure you may want to have.  Just seeing if anybody is interested. 

Can you please PM details on the roadster. What type of resto did it have, rust, engine condition, etc.. The good bad and ugly. Thanks!