IGNORED

FYI - 240Z Dashboards

w3wilkes

@theguppies Don't forget about us Canadian customers too! DHL Express Shipping is a great cross border carrier. UPS and FedEx are terrible for brokerage fees etc.

I too am slowly convincing the wife that the new dash is a must for our half done restoration. I am on track to order the 280Z version before the end of this year!

• Like 1

Just my luck that this new parts offering comes along after I'd finished restoring my 70 Z's dashcap.   :( .  I hope it all comes about.  The Just Dashes route is just too pricey for many Z restorers (esp. those of us who live north of the US border).

To help those of you who may be considering this new dash-restore option, here's a pixcture that another member posted several years ago of the bare frame ((sorry - I don't have a record of who the poster was, so can't give credit)...S30 Dash - Armature 4.JPG

S30 Dash - Armature 5.JPG

And here are a couple of close-ups of the texture of the OE vinyl covering.  It's a version of what's known in the trade as 'haircell'.  These are photos of the dash from my 70 Z (as confirmed by the surface crack that's visible in the first photo LOL )...

102_1417.JPG

102_1405.JPG

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, munters said:

Just dashes is to far off arround the Gauges and they dont accept any imputs to improove the Product. Therefore way to expensive/no option.

Can you post some pics so the members can see what you are talking about. Especially for those that are close to sending they're dash in to said name above.

Cohttps://www.facebook.com/groups/386021341481608/permalink/1533611720055892/?sale_post_id=1533611720055892&comment_id=1534205696663161&reply_comment_id=1534500946633636&notif_id=1513832246361651&notif_t=group_comment

Could someone post some close ups of the grain etc.... on this replacement cover for the dash. I am interested, just need some member feedback.