IGNORED

Brake upgrade

Tim 240z

8 hours ago, Jeff G 78 said:

No, this is not quite correct. The spacer does go outside the rotor, but it goes BEHIND the hub and only moves the shallower Toyota rotor inboard to align with the caliper.  The spacers do nothing to the wheel/tire position.

@Blitzed, so sorry, Jeff is absolutely correct, I went out to the garage this morning to check and didn't notice the hub hiding behind wheel. So no, your wheel won't be pushed out.  Thanks Jeff

8 hours ago, Blitzed said:

Anyone on- line preformed the vented rotor and Toyota caliber upgrade on a stock 240Z brake and wheel assembly? 

I have the vented rotor/Toyota caliper but a 16" wheel, not the stock 14"

12 hours ago, grannyknot said:

@Blitzed, so sorry, Jeff is absolutely correct, I went out to the garage this morning to check and didn't notice the hub hiding behind wheel. So no, your wheel won't be pushed out.  Thanks Jeff

No worries.  I figured you must have just read the question wrong as I knew you wouldn't steer him wrong.  I just wanted to get the right info out there.  

On 10/17/2019 at 8:48 AM, Jeff G 78 said:

No, the drums are fine for most applications.  Most rear disc upgrades provide no additional stopping performance over well functioning drums.

Which critical parts of the drums must i check and service when i remove the rear wheels to access the rear brakes?

The drums have a maximum wear spec for the steel liner, it is stamped on the oem drums.  Measure & compare.  Inspect the wheel cylinders for evidence of leakage,  also check the adjuster to ensure it moves easily for the self adjust feature.  Clean assembly before reinstalling drums and final adjustment.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:14 AM, Mark Maras said:

The "strong noise" is likely worn shoes. Pull the drums.

Thanks. I pulled both drums and shoes were fine. Just cleaned the brakes with brake cleaner and 100 grit sand paper. The right drum was stucked so i had to hammer it and cleaned the center part. Shoes are still fine!! thanks