IGNORED

2018 Grassroots Motorsports Mitty

SteveJ

On 4/30/2018 at 4:02 PM, SteveJ said:

This is probably one of the more interesting shots from the weekend. The cars on either side had just split apart, and the silver 944 shot through. The location is right at the entrance to Turn 10B.

I should add that they all made it through cleanly.

DSC05604.JPG

Yea, incredible Pass!!

7 hours ago, Lumens said:

I did not see anything about the sole remaining original BRE 240Z that Gerry Mason owns.

Was he not in attendance? 

Spent the weekend at the Mitty.  Great weather, Great cars, just an overall great time.  I too was hoping to see the #3 car (Blue BRE 240Z).  I was looking.:)

Last saw this car at Elkhart Lake (Road America) about 10 years ago at the Brian Redman Vintage weekend.  Was a beauty then (and FAST)  hope it still is.  I believe it was owned by Gerry Mason at that time.

If anyone has information about that car it would be nice to know.

On 4/30/2018 at 3:04 PM, Patcon said:

Greg,

It was amazing to watch how far into turn 1 you could drive before getting on the brakes compared to the rest of the field. It always looked like you were going to end up in the gravel. I agree, you were catching the 17 car every lap. I think with time you could have run him down. Seems like Sam built a nice car.

Charles

Hi Charles,

Thanks a lot. That's one of the keys to a fast lap there, and a good passing zone. See you next time.

Greg

1 hour ago, gira said:

Hi Charles,

Thanks a lot. That's one of the keys to a fast lap there, and a good passing zone. See you next time.

Greg

I look forward to it. Will you be around at Zconn in October. Would love to have some insight into the track when we get to go out...

Andy Doll and I are members of ZROC. Central Ohio. Andy built a beautiful car over the past two years. Tough to end up in the tires when they worked all day Thursday to get it running with clutch issues. Mine #50 is an ITS car. Very stock. We are refining it?  John Morton came by to sign Andy's door.?

IMG_2732.JPG

IMG_2738.JPG

50 minutes ago, ZCCOR#109 said:

Andy Doll and I are members of ZROC. Central Ohio. Andy built a beautiful car over the past two years. Tough to end up in the tires when they worked all day Thursday to get it running with clutch issues. Mine #50 is an ITS car. Very stock. We are refining it?  John Morton came by to sign Andy's door.?

I got plenty of photos of the two of you on the track. I felt bad for Andy when I saw the right side had been severely pancaked. I'll eventually get links up to the photos.

Thanks, like to have photos.

PS I’m the guy who traveled from The Republic of Korea in 1970 to watch the “RRofChampions. Saw John Morton and BRE win in that beautiful 240Z. Came home in May 1971, ordered our Z, it has 87,000 miles. And, in 2018 got to race against John at Road Atlanta in my other 240Z. ? What a great weekend. 

• Thanks 1