IGNORED

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Home Built by Jeff

15 minutes ago, Home Built by Jeff said:

I gather you are saying is to bypass the external valve and just connect the front and rear lines directly to the two outlets from the master cylinder?

I was being sarcastic about about tzagi1's use of the word "fine".  Your brakes were "fine" with the stock caliper.  With the four piston caliper and bigger pads you created a front bias.  Not fine anymore, weaker in the back now.  Now your front pads and rotors are doing the bulk of the work.

The purpose of the NP valve is to get all four tires contributing to stopping equally.  The whole car is designed to be very well balanced.  The stock stuff works really well when it's working right.

Are you speaking from personal experience zed head? Somehow I doubt it.

I have installed many dozens of toy calipers over the years as well as on my personal cars. all work perfectly well without any other mods.

Here is how one knows when the brakes are out of bias, one axle will lock before another, not the case here.

If you have any evidence to the contrary please present it....otherwise you do know what they say about opinions right? 

You used the vague term "perfectly well" again.

Nissan has a test for proper brake bias, where you lock up the tires to be sure that they're balanced.  So here's the logic - if the stock parts give proper brake bias, how can the Toyota calipers be "better" without changing that bias?  And if they don't change the bias how can they be "better".  They would be the same.  And if they're the same, what's the point of using them?

That's the issue that always comes up with these "upgrades".  What is being improved?

All you're saying is that you did something and the car still stops.

image.png

• Like 2

A son comes to his father and asks for help with homework, Dad, I was given an assignment to explain the difference between theory and reality. The dad thinks about it for a minute and tells his son to ask his mother if she will be willing to sleep with the neighbour for $100, the son  returns and reports the answer is a loud "NO", the father sends the kid to ask the same question to his older sister, the son return with the same results....the father now sends the kid to ask the same question yet up the price to $1000000...the kid returns with an "I guess" answer. 

The father responds: you see son, in theory we are millionaires yet in reality we have two whores in the house.

Badabing.

If you don't get it....no worries, you wont get it.

• Haha 1

Its not supposed to be funny.

The brakes are not the same, you get more pad material=more clamping area=better braking

As the front brakes do %75 of the work, the bias front to rear is negligible. you would know that if you ever tried it.

20 minutes ago, tzagi1 said:

The brakes are not the same, you get more pad material=more clamping area=better braking

As the front brakes do %75 of the work, the bias front to rear is negligible. you would know that if you ever tried it.

I don't try things that don't make sense.

The bias would be 75:25.  That's not negligible.  

So, in sum, you've used the Toyota calipers and the car stops, about the same as it did before.  Less pedal effort, level undefined.  That's about all there is to this discussion. 

Good luck Jeff.

10 minutes ago, riceburner said:

I would think you'd want around a 70/30 split front/rear?

Definitely not ''all four tires contributing to stopping equally''. I think most will find a 50/50 bias very scary!

70/30 would make all tyres stop evenly. 50/50 and you would have the rears lock before the front due to weight transfer. I learned very quickly during my drifting days when you are sliding backwards and stomp the brake the fronts lock up and just drag (similar to when you pull the handbrake when you are going forward). The quickest way to pull up when you are sliding backwards is to pull the handbrake which essentially flips the bias.  

• Like 2