IGNORED

Starting problem

SeKcGamer

I'm pretty sure that line is for the evap fume line to charcoal canister. I honestly don't think it has anything to do with you issues. 
You probably need to check the service manual to see if that is supposed to be there or not. 
Honestly, since the tank is out, take a 5 gallon plastic tank fill 5 Gallons of gas in your tank now that it is out of the car. Use your old fuel pump with a battery hardwired to the pump to pump it back into the empty 5 gallon plastic jug. Slosh the tank a little to simulate driving. Listen for any pump noise change or slowing flow. 
Have a fire extinguisher close by just in case. Do this outside not in the garage. 

My dad actually put that there because he thought it was a fuel
Filter. There was a black little thing that went there that wasn't see through or anything.

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile

I'm pretty sure that line is for the evap fume line to charcoal canister. I honestly don't think it has anything to do with you issues. 
You probably need to check the service manual to see if that is supposed to be there or not. 
Honestly, since the tank is out, take a 5 gallon plastic tank fill 5 Gallons of gas in your tank now that it is out of the car. Use your old fuel pump with a battery hardwired to the pump to pump it back into the empty 5 gallon plastic jug. Slosh the tank a little to simulate driving. Listen for any pump noise change or slowing flow. 
Have a fire extinguisher close by just in case. Do this outside not in the garage. 

I don't have an old pump, my pump is under warranty. Unless you're telling me to use the one already connected.

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile

yes if you want it to work as designed, but you should also confirm the line is clear. Do you have the FSM? I suggest you read up on it carefully before replacing anymore parts. The only non OE part that most folks do in the single clear G3 fram on the inlet side of the pump to keep the trash out. There are plenty of parts that may or may not effect how the car runs (as opposed to how it was designed to run and meet EPA requirements of the day). Personally I don't know enough about how everything was engineered so I tend to try and leave it as stock as I can and work the issues as they present. Opinions vary so its really up to you on how far you want to go on modifications that will work.

That being said I highly doubt it is the cause of the current problem.

One last thing if you want to put it back, remember it is a check valve so it will be directional.

Edited by Dave WM

Oh didn't realize you only had the one pump.  Might be easier to use a small gas can now  put both lines into the neck of the gas can with the larger line closer to the bottom  

In an early post you said it seemed difficult to blow through on the tank. Did you use your mouth? It should be fairly easy to blow both lines with a small rubber hose. 

The filter on the vent line is a sign of trying to think about too many things at the same time.  Break it down, understand what each part does.  You have the tank out and the pump is right there.  It's about as simple as it will get.  Don't make it complicated.  Set up a comfortable piece of cardboard under the back of the car and figure out each fuel and vent line, and how the pump and lines and filter and fuel pressure regulator work.