IGNORED

Meeting Eiji

Hey Jim.....glad you're having a blast....congrats on being a judge (who better than someone who has touched every part of a Z in restoration). How about some pics?...... we're in the dark in our cyber worlds.

Guy

Edited by Diseazd

2 hours ago, Diseazd said:

Hey Jim.....glad you're having a blast....congrats on being a judge (who better than someone who has touched every part of a Z in restoration). How about some pics?...... we're in the dark in our cyber worlds.

Guy

With the exception of some tourist time yesterday to see the LBJ library and state capital, I've been too busy to take pics.  No opportunity at the judged car show - I was non-stop busy during the 1st round judging.  That didn't complete until close to 3:00 with no break for lunch.  I was too hot and tired to take pics after that.  You'll have to be content with others posts here or FB posts.

Today is parade laps at COTA at 4:00, I plan on getting some pics and in-car video if I work the GoPro correctly.  The afternoon forecast is 102 degrees, heat index about 110.  Gotta luv Texas in the summer (or not!).  Shades of Memphis revisited sans the super high humidity. :Grrrrr:  It didn't help that on our trip down on Monday we chased a cold front and had rain for the entire trip from Dallas to Austin while towing the Z.  Getting the car cleaned up to display at the car show was a real chore!

I just wanted to give Eiji a shout out. As you all know his hands built my engine. And as the show started I was determined to get to meet him.  Well we certianly did over lunch, and then a ride back to the hotel a couple of time. Eiji even rode with me around COTA in the car with HIS engine build still going strong 5 years running. HIs humble nature and sincere demeanor is always a pleasure to talk to. His level of knowledge about the L series is staggering.  We traded ideas and laughed a bit about when he built up my engine and how he remembered our ever phone conversation.  Datsun Spirit is a first rate company. Guy, Eiji, had nothing but great things to say about you.  As expected.

35470868216_5511e6c94b_b.jpg

Edited by Zedyone_kenobi