IGNORED

To buy or not to buy...that is the question

motorman7

4 minutes ago, red67 said:

Just Awesome! What color paint did you use on the rear taillight panel?

I use these two: Ford Dark Shadow Gray and then spray over that with matte clear.  This is what Les at Classic Datsun Motorsports recommended.

71xmuTlhHFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81V-lJ3yjXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, red67 said:

Thank you for quick response, I've heard that is what to use. If you wouldn't mind sharing, what was your technique for the chrome surround by taillights? Thanks!  

I clean it with NEVR-DULL,  then tape over before I spray.  I use the NEVR-DULL on a number of items.

image.png

8 minutes ago, red67 said:

Did you tape to the edge, or over-tape, then cut it back? If you follow what I'm trying to say? Thanks!

I tape to the edge, slightly over.  If I go too far over, I trim off excess with a razor blade.  Also use the razor blade a lot...for clean-up and trimming.  Have it attached to a magnet on my tool box.

20 hours ago, motorman7 said:

I tape to the edge, slightly over.  If I go too far over, I trim off excess with a razor blade.  Also use the razor blade a lot...for clean-up and trimming.  Have it attached to a magnet on my tool box.

One of my most used tools ever. I swear it seems like I use it everyday. Small with brake off blade that extends out 4" at least.

Olfa wallpaper knife I got in 1987 is in my tool bag today. You never lose the good stuff. :victorious:

OLFA 1-Blade Utility Knife in the Utility Knives department at ... 

• 2 weeks later...