IGNORED

Can't maintain fuel pressure

SteveJ

10 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Good looking heat shield. Do I see a future garage business in the works? A bolt on answer to the heat soak problem would be a valuable addition to the owners who haven'r solved it yet..

Ironically I was showing the heat shield to an acquaintance today while we were enjoying the vintage car races at Road Atlanta, and he asked if I could make one for him. Since I don't have/want a milling machine or band saw, I know this won't be happening in my garage. LOL

This is pretty basic. Not rocket science, I don't normally get involved with your posts any more because you don't take the advise given. 5' of fuel hose and one tee and 6 hose clamps. Cut it up to fit, pretty basic....

2 minutes ago, gwri8 said:

Steve, would it be possible to retro fit a 280 heat shield?  Just curious.

Going by the limited image in the parts manual, I would think that the 280Z heat shield might not extend far enough too shield the carburetors from the headers, though I like how it goes up to the head to shield the intake runners. Aside from that, it's a matter of fabricating mounts to go on the SU intake manifold.

i already have a heat shield extensión installed which was manufactured by the guy in the video i posted. Nevertheless, it has not solved the rough idle and sudden shut down during traffic jams. Now i need to see how will i reroute the fuel rail that is attached to the head.

12 hours ago, SteveJ said:

It moderated the issue quite a bit. I still need to improve the insulation of the fuel rail or relocate the fuel rail so it is protected by the heat shield. 

Steve,

let me know if you have the same problem as the one i have and if you found the solution,

1 hour ago, jalexquijano said:

i already have a heat shield extensión installed which was manufactured by the guy in the video i posted. Nevertheless, it has not solved the rough idle and sudden shut down during traffic jams. Now i need to see how will i reroute the fuel rail that is attached to the head.

Along with rerouting the fuel line you might want to try insulating your heat shield. Post #29 has Steve's source for it.

Just talk to an experience Corvette Mechanic. He argues that the problem with these cars is the amount of heat coming out of the manifold and heating up the float bowls on both 3 screws rounded SU CARBS. I already have the headshield, and heat shield extensión installed. He says i should also wrap it with the same insulation i used for the Steel fuel rail and other recommendations he wil explain tomorrow when we test the car on heavy traffic. Should i also wrap the exhaust tube that is connected to the manifold? WHat type of insulation provides the best heat dissipation?